Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chicken Recipe

So, at Moosehorn some people asked for my chicken teriyaki recipe, and I said I'd post it, so here it is. Keep in mind though that Rocket Scientist just made this up, and wrote it down for my benefit :)

Chicken Recipe

2-3 Chicken breasts
2 TB oil (approx.)
1 TB Butter (approx.)
Onion Flakes (or about half a chopped onion)
Onion Powder
Chicken Seasoning (we use Spade L. Ranch brand, and I must say that when we first tried this stuff WE FELL IN LOVE!!! I think it really makes the chicken. We found it at Smiths, but I think you can google it and find a website that will tell you what store to find it.)
All Spice
Salt
Pepper

(All the spices are to taste so we don't really know how much we use for each. Rocket Scientist just showed me so I guess you'll have to just experiment like we did. I mean, HE did... hehe)

Start by heating up the oil and butter, then add the chicken (we cut up the chicken in the pan with the spatula when it is almost done cooking). Add seasonings. Cover and let simmer, and basically just cook it from here on out. Cut it up in pieces after it has cooked for a bit, and you can add flour to make a little bit of a coat if you want, or you can add milk to keep the chicken moist.

Rocket Scientist likes to experiment so whenever he cooks this it is different every time. I just like to do it like I wrote it above, maybe with about a tsp of flour added too to make a little coating. We like to cook it until the chicken is more brown then white, but not to when it is burnt if that makes sense. You can add teriyaki sauce or sweet n' sour sauce depending on what you wish. We also (at Moosehorn) added some frozen vegetables that were a mix for like a stir fry or something like that. I think they had seasonings in them too already.

Hopes this helps, and hope you enjoy.

No comments: