Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Opinions

This is my opinion. You have your opinion. Please refrain from flaming me for what I believe to be truth.

Politics is dangerous ground, and I have always avoided talking about it for fear that someone would shoot me down with negative comments on my negative attitude about it. Please keep an open mind while you read this and know that I am not directing this at any one person.

I am trying to keep up with my Dad's tradition of reading the Book of Mormon in the morning during breakfast. A few mornings ago, I read something that stated clearly what I felt about politics. At this point in time the Nephites are who the scripture is referring to, and Nephi is about to have a revelation about the chief judge murdered by his brother so he can fill the judgment seat. The reference is Helaman 7:4-5
4. And seeing the people in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats--having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men;
5. Condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of the government, to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and, moreover, that they might the more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their wills--
This is how I feel about the government. I couldn't say it better myself. I didn't vote, and many people may spit at me for it. Even if someone I would have really wanted to get in office actually made it, someone controlled by the devil would find a way to get him out of office. The Book of Mormon is written for our time. Why do you think that? Right before Christ came to the people in the Americas, the government was filled with wicked men, and there was nothing any righteous person could do about it. I feel it is going to be the exact same this second coming I am waiting for. Maybe even worse.

In that reference it says, "Condemning the righteous because of their righteousness". What happened when the gospel was restored? The pioneers were mobbed, murdered, driven from place to place in the dead of winter with shoes that were falling apart. What did the government do when they asked for help? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They were Americans too. Any other religious group or any group for that matter that would have that kind of torment put on them would have gotten help from the government. They were turned aside like dust in the wind and actually people could legally kill them thanks to Governor Boggs.

These are the last days and the most evil of times. I feel that if I just follow the Lord, everything will end the way He wants and I will be on the right side of the battle. These are my feelings, and belief. Believe what you will. Just stay on the right side of the battle. Stand fast with the Lord.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

it's scary, really. I am sure this has been on everyone's mind lately. just like the last election many people felt forced to choose the lesser of two evils. that scripture states it beautifully. it's sad that wickedness is becoming acceptable and people are mocked for being good. I had a friend that no body liked because he was "too nice" people thought it was "creepy" they thought there must be something wrong with him. he's awesome, and I am glad he doesn't let them get to them. there should be more people like that.

Azteroth said...

Something more recent that I thought you'd mention concerning scorning the righteous because of their righteousness - the vandalizing of church property; the envelope of white powder left in the temple; the boycotting of the temples in California; the insistence that the church should loose their tax-exempt status for meddling in politics (all based on lies and an unwillingness to think for themselves)/ Why? Because the LDS people stood up for what they know to be right. I hope there won't be better examples in our day of "Condemning the righteous because of their righteousness."

Anonymous said...

So I agree with you that these are difficult times, and I agree that wickedness is difficult to combat and to overcome, but we shouldn't stop trying just because the odds are against us. The success of Proposition 8 in California was only possible because good people stood up for what they believe in and went to the polls to vote. Yes, it could be overturned, but it's always better to fight the fight. Remember Who it is that fights with us!

Janene said...

Makes me so grateful for general conference every six months!! I'm glad we have somewhere to turn for counsel right now.