Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back where I started

If you have been reading this blog for a while or just liked to go through my archives and read the first post, you may remember why I started this blog. If not, you can go look now. Don't worry, I'll wait for you...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Read it? Not yet? Ok I'll wait some more...
...
...
...
...
...
*taps fingers on the desk...*
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Ok, you got it? Right. Now I'll continue with my post.

Today has been one of those.... uh.... not very fun days. One of those days where you look back at them with.... well more like you don't look back at them because you'd rather forget them. One of THOSE days.

It starts of with me waking up with a headache. NOT a good sign. I HATE it when I wake up with headaches. I roll out of bed, and Bug wants to play with his blocks before we eat, and I'm amazingly Ok with that. I go strait for my computer (also NOT a good sign), and turn it on. Is something wrong with a computer when it takes forever and a day to turn on and log you on? Then doesn't even recognize the mouse so I had to restart again and then turn it off, unplug mouse/plug it back in and wait another forever and a day for it to turn on? Is there something wrong with my computer or is this just "normal"?

Oh, I forgot to mention that while I was laying in bed trying to convince myself to get out, I was feeling those "cramps" again. I also was having kind of disturbing dreams and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Finally got computer on, check a few things and decide it is time for us to eat. We eat breakfast the whole while I'm just overall not feeling good. Every once in a while I'll get a faintness feeling, or my heart will feel like it is rushing but it isn't and I'm just DOG GONE TIRED! The time for band comes along and I'm grumbling to myself. Wishing there were someway for me to get the music to someone so they could find a sub, but knowing it was impossible and that I didn't have a good enough excuse anyway. Throughout the morning hours I am almost constantly thinking how I should shower but I didn't want to I was feeling that crummy. Ok, Ok, I know... squirm in your chair if you wish. That is up to you.

Band comes along and I'm listening to my music to try to get me feeling a little bit better about being in public today, but I never was really successful. In band we are getting ready for a big dance thing in February with a lot of charts and a lot of them are good-old-fashioned-songs-everyone-could-sing-even-if-they-don't-know-the-title-of-the-song type songs. One of which is called "Take the A Train".

The arrangement of "Take the A Train" that we have is one where the trumpet solo has to be played the exact same as the original because it is just THAT good. Everyone loves that solo and if it isn't played that way, people aren't happy about it. It is a cool solo. I had that part and was SOOOOO pumped to play it (notice the word WAS). We sight read it and everything and I didn't play it perfect because I didn't ever play it before, but I knew what it sounded like enough to do a pretty good job.

Why did I go off on that tangent? Well... mainly because of the fact that we got the set list today and were putting our music in the correct order for the gig. "Take the A Train" had been tossed off the list. Don't ask me why. Maybe it was because he didn't want us to play it? Maybe it was because we have a trumpet guy coming to play with us and he would have wanted to play it or told the teacher to toss it for other songs? Who knows? In any case, I'm really pissed about it. I was so pumped to play it. I was going to do a good job and show this teacher just what a good soloist I am (as long as I don't have to make up the solo as I go... hereby called improv). I have an even more dislike for this teacher (that I didn't like much anyway because of the way he teaches) than I had before.

Ok, that has been my day so far. Yeah, not a good day. The whole time my body feels like I'm falling apart as well. In any case. I'm back to where I started. Remember that first post I had you read before I got into this one? Yeah, I got home, grumbled at Rocket Scientist and Bug and put Bug down for his nap. Then I went strait for the Oreos. I'm back to where I started. It has taken me a whole year and a few months to get there, but here I am. Once again drowning my sorrows in a glass of milk and too many Oreos. Well, whatever. At least I'm trying. 60% of the time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grr...I'm sorry the day was hard and your band teacher is rotten. I love you, and hope you feel better (as one can while being preggers) soon.

Adriene

Azteroth said...

What's wrong with finding comfort in some yummy Oreos?

Janene said...

I hope today has been MUCH better! Eat another oreo for me too, OK? :o)

Deanna said...

I am sorry. hopefully tomorrow will be better. as my grandma would say "this too shall pass" you get sick of hearing it, but deep down it helps. I used to eat oreos a ton too, but then they stopped making the peanut butter ones so I had to stop. but I could sure go for a bunch myself right now!