Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Prego update

Ok, I'll try REALLY hard to make this a happy update, though knowing how I feel right now that might not be possible...

Things are going good by way of growth and all that. I have my next appointment the beginning of February and the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby and all that. I'm excited.

I think I may have felt baby move too, though I can't be sure. Right now it feels like indigestion to me if it is baby and I can't really tell the difference.

As far as my tummy is going... not so good. The past two days I can't even step in the kitchen for the sight of the food makes me nauseated. Yes, I know, I know... I'm in the second trimester and shouldn't have as big a problem... Well... tell that to my nauseated tummy. All I can eat is my miracle white pepto-bismol (milk), peanuts, and homemade (that's the important part) wheat bread. Now is the time I REALLY wish I had a bread maker. Sure, I could make bread on my own, but that would consist of me staying in the kitchen for X amount of hours to make it. Which would NOT be conducive to my idea of not throwing up.

Ok... that is all the grumble time I am allowing myself.

Ok, so yeah. Pregnancy is going good. The other day I told someone I just met that I was 17 weeks along and she took a double take at my belly. "I thought for sure you were about to say 4 weeks! You look GREAT!" Well... it all depends on the clothes you wear I guess.

And thankfully enough... I have wonderful friends around me that worry so much about how I'm doing. Thank goodness for Cat who so generously gave me most of her newly homemade bread almost fresh from the bread maker and even some butter to put on it seeing as we don't have any butter at the moment. Wait... we have 4 sitcks now! THANKS CAT!!! Oh, and about the milk. Yeah... it really is a miracle. I drink a few swallows and my twisting tummy calms almost immediatly. It just comes right back right when I see food again. *Sigh.

Oh, yeah, I was done complaining. In all reality, we are really excited for this new addition and can't wait to find out what to call her/him. If it is a boy... we have no prospects for names. We have had a girl name picked out since Bug was in the oven so we are set for that. Hmm... I guess I'll have to come up with a blog name for him or her too huh?

Ok, I guess that is all for now. I am now going to be content and eat my wonderful homemade wheat bread with butter and honey and drink my milk. (I am sick of peanuts.)

2 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

I am so sorry you are still so sick!It really is the worst I know. And every day and every week seems so loooong!! Have you tried Unisom yet? That saved me really! I still take it everyday other wise I am very sick. It amazes me what a difference it makes. Yes you are more tired but I MUCH prefer that to puking all day! Let me know how things go! Good luck!

Deanna said...

maybe if it's a girl you can call her lady bug..lol. don't feel bad about complaining. I went through the same thing. I had mine for 3 months or 4, I don't remember. I am glad you at least found something you could eat. I wish I could help you more than just email. hang in there! we love ya!