Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update

Well, a few days ago I had another appointment with my doctor. Everything seems to be doing fine. About a week ago I was having pain in my left side for seemingly no reason. Sometimes the pain was so bad I could hardly walk. I didn't go to church last Sunday on account of it. Anyway, so I talked to him about it this week at the appointment. We discussed where and what the pain felt like for a bit and for and unknown reason for me, he even tapped two different parts of my back. It reminded me a little of the way they check reflexes... Anyway, so after we discussed it for a bit, he said I may have just pulled or strained a muscle or something. No reason to fret.

He also at one point asked me what Rocket Scientist and I would like, a boy or a girl. I said girl, we have kind of been hoping for one after we had Bug so we could have the experience of both. He then said, "Ok, it's a girl." I laughed because obviously he couldn't know for sure by just measuring.

So all in all, we are doing fine. We will be finding out if it is a boy or girl Feb. 3rd and you can vote or guess on the new poll I'll put up right now.

As for Bug, he is doing fine, and learning more and more words. Rocket Scientist and I tend to say "gosh!" when something fell over or when we are cleaning up something that tends to fall over a lot. In other words we need to either de-junk our small apartment or organize it. In any case, Bug was just cleaning up one such thing and he kept saying, "gosh!" He is so cute!

I may as well update with Rocket Scientist and I as well too... Rocket Scientist at this point even though school has started is taking a semester off so we can get back on top of our finances among other things. There are somethings he needs to work out with his major too. He has been contemplating changing majors perhaps and by the time summer semester comes along we will be either out of our current apartment or he will be going back to school seeing as we are in student housing and one of us needs to be enrolled. Or both maybe. We are quickly outgrowing this apartment.

Then let's see... me. I'm doing Ok pretty much. Lately Little Angel has been on my mind. I haven't held a little baby since the RS birthday party oh so long ago. Even the thought leaves my heart in pieces and I have to pick them all up again. I hear a baby cry or coo during church and it tears my heart in two again and it is all I can do to keep myself in order. I don't know what will happen when my new little one is born, but every time I think of her or him my heart fills with peace and comfort. I know everything will be Ok. But I still wonder and worry sometimes. Ah well... everything will work out for the best.

And I guess after this long post you deserve some pictures (right Tara?? :p)






3 comments:

Azteroth said...

Bug is soo cute. :)

Janene said...

CUTE pictures! That's weird about the pain you've been having. I just get a sharp one on my right side if I'm walking too fast.

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

Cute pictures. You cut off your hair. I just want you to know that mom called tonight and you guys are in our prayers. We love you.