Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Potty Progress

So, we really haven't been doing much in the way of potty training. Every once in a while we will put him on but we are usually too late or catch him in a time of un-necessity. We stripped him down for the tub today, and then while I was looking away, he said, "Oooops," and was looking down. I followed his eyes. There were wet dots on the carpet. Not knowing exactly what they were (they very well could have been drips from my shoes, we had just gotten inside from a very wet day outside and he stepped on them...) I asked, "Do you need to go potty?" he agreed almost immediately, and we headed on in, me not even sure if this would even be worthwhile.

After a minute or less of sitting, he said he was done, and it was empty. I figured it was just a false alarm again anyway. I was about to put him in the tub before the water got too cold, but then he said he needed to go. I sighed to myself, and to please him, set him on and left for a little bit. I didn't want to sit on the floor waiting like usual. Eventually, he said he was all done and that he went potty. I was pulled to the computer screen at that point (lame excuse) and was halfway talking to him. Rocket Scientist came in then (from putting out some garbage), and I gave him a quick run down of what I thought was happening in the bathroom. Rocket Scientist then proceeded to say (after he went in there) that Bug had in fact gone potty. I came out of my computer stupor and was way shocked. I went into the bathroom to give a round of fives to help encourage this kind of behavior from now on. I was quite proud of my little Bug.

No comments: