Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Glorious tantrums....?

Okay... lately Goof Ball has taken to tantrums. I sometimes wonder if he is getting a jump start on the "terrible twos."

The things I have noticed:
  1. He doesn't communicate about what he wants or what is wrong. To be honest, he doesn't communicate... ever.
  2. The morning is usually tantrum free. He only ever acts like this after his nap after lunch. And usually after he has had enough time to wake up.
  3. Seemingly nothing caused the fit. Sometimes, I take something away that he shouldn't be playing with. Most times it seems like nothing caused it.
To be honest... I am just getting plain tired of it. Sure, Bug had his fair share of tantrums. But I don't ever remember them being like this. Goof Ball rolls around on the floor, hitting and rubbing his teary, and usually snotty face. He kicks the floor, my leg, Bug's leg, furniture, whatever is near. He screams like he is dying.

Yes, he just had one. And possibly is still having one. I had to get away for a bit and vent on here. I sometimes tried to find out what the problem was. I thought that maybe since it is time for dinner, or at least close to our usually delayed dinner, that he might be hungry. I would wait for him to show interest in me picking him up (basically causing him to stand and walk to me and/or pulling on my pants to standing) and then I would ask, "Do you want to eat? Do you need food? Do you want a banana?" All to no avail. I know he can say, "Yeah," when he wants something. All he would do to my questions is hit his face and rub his snotty nose and teary eyes, screaming. In other words having a fit again, and I won't stand for him having a fit in my arms when he won't let me try to comfort him. So I put him down, and the cycle starts anew.

*sigh....

So... I got that all out. Now, to go check on him again and see if I can find out what horrible thing that I did to cause him to have such a screaming fit. (I know it isn't anything that I did on purpose... or maybe isn't even anything I did... but it sure seems like he thinks I did something horrible or something... ^_^)

Oh... on a more positive note... family and friends know that I have had a hard time getting to Goof Ball to walk. Well, whenever I set him down (minus when I set him down while he is having a fit) he insists on being set down on his feet. Sometimes I forget and try to force him to his bum, but he keeps his knees strait, and steps back depending on how I am setting him down. And I remember and keep him on his feet. Good sign. ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the tantrums. Do you mind my idea/advice? As odd as it sounds, he might be needing more sleep. My girls are always worst when they need sleep. And after naps (even after fully waking up) is usually worst. Try putting him to bed earlier each night, just by 10-15 minutes at a time, for as long as he will let you. There have been time when my kids wanted/needed to go to bed between 5:30 and 6, and would still sleep until 6:30 or 7 am. (Seda still sleeps 13 hours a night) Good luck.