Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Lungs? among other things...

Well lately things have been going okay. Early December, kinda near the second week or so, we all, in turn, got a cold. Goof Ball got it first, and consequently got over it first. I can't remember the order after that. I just remember that the peak of my cold came during finals. Which really sucked. Also that Pro Boxer and I had the cold at the same time.

During the cold era, neither of the kids were acting sick. Just that they sounded hoarse, and coughed and needed tissues a lot. I had gotten so bad that even with cold pills, it was still really hard for me to focus or concentrate on pretty much anything. Pro Boxer said he was like that too, though I wouldn't know as he doesn't complain about ANYTHING. As I remember, he did have a pretty spaced out look about him though.

In any case, I didn't come on here to report our physical situation weeks ago. Oh no. Be surprised if you wish. :) Mainly I came on to post something... cause I'm bored?

Ahem...

I still have a pretty nasty cough. I always have a cough, but not like this. My nose is still pretty runny. Bug's is too. Well... his cough is worse than his runny nose. In any case, we two are the only ones still showing signs of having a cold. Goof Ball sometimes has a bit of runniness to his nose as well, but he doesn't sound hoarse, and he certainly doesn't have a cough anymore. I don't know why it hit Bug more than it did anyone else, but I am pretty certain why I still have a cough. And why my lungs are aching. (see... I got there... I put it in the title, I'm gonna talk about it.) I think that since my lungs are still quite weak from all my bouts of pneumonia, sicknesses just hit me harder, last longer, and possibly cause more damage than they otherwise would.

I'd like to say that I have a rather healthy body. And in probably many respects that may be true. From all my milk that I love so much, I have only had one broken bone (which is one more than Pro Boxer) and I have healthy pregnancies, and I have always (before the pneumonia plague) been able to recover quite well from things. Sure when I was really young, I used to get ear infections all the time... despite all the things my doctor tried (believe me... there were a great many... my worst favorite was the milk diet. only 3 servings of milk a day), my mom and I found the cure... warmth. As long as I kept my ears warm, I never got an ear infection. I am starting to learn now though, that I am not as strong as I had originally thought.

Sure... if I keep a hat over my ears or ear warmers in the winter time, and play the trumpet all the time to keep my lungs strong, then I am great. But ever since I stopped playing it 4-5 years ago, I have come to the knowledge that I really am not as strong as I had first thought. Yet still, I am better off than other people in the world. I can walk. I can do the necessary things. (hey! I just spelled 'necessary' right the first time through! woo!!) I may struggle at times to get the breath that I need, and always be coughing... but I could be worse. I could be on oxygen or something. I get my air free, thank you very much.

And this... among a great many things, I thank the Lord on high for. For without Him, we are nothing.

No comments: