Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dream Catcher

So there's this little game out there called Plants vs. Zombies.

Bug watched a friend play it one day while we were hanging out at their house.  And then the nightmares came.

I think it has been, oh... a month or so and Bug has been scared of going to sleep every night.  He keeps talking about how he has "bad thoughts" (he doesn't want to say the word "zombies") and wants to watch movies before he goes to sleep so he can have "good thoughts."  I have tried to help him by saying to ask Heavenly Father for help, or singing his favorite primary song, or... oh, I have tried all sorts of things.  I even pulled out my old dream catcher (the thing I needed to get out of the garage mentioned in the last post) to see if that would help.  I remember that the dream catcher helped me not have bad dreams.

Last night when we had the blessing on the dinner, Bug said "and please help the dream catcher to work" among other pleas to have good dreams.  I still woke up to both kids in my bed with me.  Goof Ball is scared to be downstairs without his brother.

Anyway, maybe it is just the season, or something, or the fact that it is getting darker earlier... I don't know what, but Bug's worst nightmare is zombies - and Goof Ball is scared of spiders.

I don't remember all of Bug's nightmares, but probably the most striking (and most terrifying?) is this one: We were in the delivery room to have another baby and the doctor came in to deliver, but the doctor wasn't a doctor, he was a scientist and when he delivered the baby, he turned it into a zombie.  *shudder... I can see how that would scare a 7 year old.

No comments: