Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tooth Fairy that looks surprisingly like my kempo sensei...

When Bug told me that his teeth (the two on the sides of the two middle-bottom ones) were wiggly, despite just how wiggly they were, I decided to just let them find their own way out this time instead of forcing him to endure me yanking them.

Well it just so happens that Bug lost one of them at kempo.  He's taking kempo too - if I haven't mentioned that yet.  Before their first class at the beginning of a week, they clean off the floor, because that is part of the philosophy - take care of your stuff, or the dojo - things like that.  So what they do is all the kids grab a towel and they push it across the floor.  Apparently Bug and the other smallest kid tend to slip - the whole middle section of the floor has had the finishing rubbed off it, and now it is very slippery.  Yeah, you guessed it.  Bug face planted it and lost one of his loose teeth.  He might have been somewhat upset by it, but he took it like a trooper and went back to class after Sandpaper (mentioned in the last post - he helps with the kids class) helped him wash out his mouth.

The adult class went to a restaurant after our class to celebrate my advancement to green belt, and sensei offered to pay the one dollar tooth fairy fee.  I thought it was nice to offer, but really - it's only a dollar, and it isn't like it's sensei's fault the floor is slippery.

On another Bug related note, he will be taking his test to advance to a yellow belt soon.  He got the drive to do it after I got my green one, which makes me happy.  He has mentioned a few times that he wants to stop kempo, but knowing how much it is helping me, I hoped to keep him motivated in it.  It can be hard at the beginning, but I think it is helping him learn how to focus more, and that is one thing that Bug needs to work on.

No comments: