Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, October 25, 2013

"Happy" birthday

Well, here are the annual pictures.





Bug seems to know what they are for, but Goof Ball doesn't.  Goof Ball seems to still be oblivious to the fact that he has another brother that he just hasn't met yet.  When he gets older, I suppose.  Maybe some day he'll ask who the picture on the wall is.  At least he hasn't ever had a fit when we send the balloons out.  I was worried about that once upon a time.

My kempo sensei is the best.  I'm glad I had kempo yesterday to look forward to, and then when it came, to be able to kick until my body couldn't take it anymore.  What surprised me after that though, was the overwhelming desire or need to sob after my anger was out.  I collapsed on the ground and tried to breathe deeply because of the workout I just had, but it felt more like hyperventilating as I held in my screams.  Sensei walked past behind me and patted me on the back as he went to talk to the person taking a test that day.  Star and Sandpaper (two of my really good friends) started kempo before me and helped convince me to come - and they came over and put their arms around me.

Sandpaper said, "she kicked too much" in Japanese.

I responded, "No, actually I'm on the verge of sobbing."

Even though Sandpaper said I could sob if I needed to, just the fact that they were there and comforting me helped me get back under control.  I told them I might get the sobbing out later when I was alone, but I actually didn't.  Even now I kind of want to say "I want to cry," but I don't really know if I can.  Which makes me think that it's possible that I numbed myself instead of accept anything when Star and Sandpaper were comforting me.  And even though I have lots of things to do before tonight, I'm apathetic and can't get myself to do anything.

Truthfully, yesterday I kind of wished that it was possible for me to be able to forget everything.  "How could you even think about forgetting your own child?!" some people might ask.  Well - when remembering rips my chest to pieces, forgetting sounds pretty good, doesn't it?  Even if I could get everyone around me to not mention it, my own body would be against me though.  I know from experience - forgetting isn't exactly as easy as it maybe should be.  I absolutely loathe the phrase "forgive and forget."  Forgive, sure... but for some things forgetting is impossible.  And I have two things in my life that I wish I could forget.  Often the pain of them combines together and feels the same.  It's the same heart wrenching literally ripping kind of pain.  After my happy protective bubble popped sometime last year people have told me, "It's probably a good thing that now you can feel those emotions you've been suppressing."

Yeah, maybe it is a good thing.  Maybe it's a sign of growth, and of healing.  But right now it's paralyzing.  Right now it makes me want to kick things as hard as I possibly can.  I guess at the very least, I can be glad that I'm in a situation where I can kick things as hard as I possibly can and not hurt anyone (including me) because that would just make me feel worse.

So "happy" birthday, Little Angel.  When I should be smiling as I watch you grow, or worrying about what presents I should get you, or what kind of cake I should make, I'm drowning instead.  Drowning in my own suppressed tears because I don't seem able to get them all out.

*and for the record - this post seems to have accomplished what it was supposed to... i think i'm gonna go sob in my room now until i'm numb again...

1 comment:

Azteroth said...

So, you totally don' need to post this in your comments if you don't want to.

I'm going to be philosophical. Feel free to ignore my ramblings.

I have to wonder if 'Forgive and Let Go' wouldn't be a better phrase... Like you said, forgetting isn't easy, & I personally don't think it's healthy. You learn from things that you remember, but you can't remember lessons learned if you forget the thing that taught the lesson.
Moreover, perhaps the pain comes from clingy too tightly to something that perhaps ought to be 'let go of' A blade cuts, more painful is the cut from a jagged edge, or even shattered glass. The tighter you hold to that which hurts the more pain you will experience. Perhaps this is true with emotional things as well...