Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nightmare cures

So I found out by accident how to fix the nightmares (and the back aches, and headaches, and neck aches that I was having by sleeping with two wiggly boys).  One night Goof Ball came back upstairs after putting the kids to bed and said he was scared of spiders and then started walking to our room to sleep in the master.  I tried to convince him to go back to his room, saying that Bug was there, and he shouldn't be scared.  He ended up crying on the floor and I gently picked him up and carried him downstairs.  When I put him in his bed, he started to get back out of it, and I worried that he was trying to go back upstairs, and again tried to convince him to stay in his bed.

"I need to stay with Bug!" he said.

And I stood there, taken aback, as Goof Ball answered all of my questions.  He got his blanket and pillow and took it to the twin bed that Bug sleeps in.  Since then I have not had kids in my bed when I wake up, and I can only assume that they've been sleeping together each night.

Bug's testimony: "I don't have bad dreams when Goof Ball is with me."

Well that's good.  Maybe they got used to community sleeping or something throughout the nightmare epidemic.  But at least they found their own solution.

No comments: