Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brag Tag about Rocket Scientist!

















I didn't get tagged but I like this one anyway. I told myself I wouldn't do a tag even if I liked it until someone tagged me... but I couldn't hold this one in... anyways... here goes. ^_^

1. Where did you meet? ~Ok... the day we met two people were going to the wrong ward. Me and his roommate, Not Satisfied With One Woman. Ok, Ok, that name is pretty harsh... and long. Maybe I'll come up with another one before the post is up, but until then... that is the official blog name for him. I digress... so here's the scoop... I moved out of my ward boundaries in the middle of the semester. I liked my ward. I didn't want to switch, have to say bye to everyone I liked, and be the weird girl who joined our ward in the middle of the semester. I stayed in my own ward. At this time, I SHOULD have been in the ward that Rocket Scientist was in. I lived in the same dorm for Pete's sake! As for Not Satisfied With One Woman, don't ask me why he was in my ward. I have no idea. But in any case, he also should have been in Rocket Scientist's ward because they were roommates.

Before I met Rocket Scientist, I was kind of eying Not Satisfied With One Woman. Just kind of had a "thing" for him. Whatever that means. I was the FHE mom in my group, and it just so happened that Not Satisfied With One Woman was in my FHE group. One FHE activity, it was a ward function. We went and had a picnic since the warm weather was finally coming back. At this point in time, Rocket Scientist didn't know what FHE group he was in, didn't know who his Mom and Dad were in his group, and didn't know what to do that Monday night. Not Satisfied With One Woman suggested he go with him. That is the day we met. At a picnic with all of us at the wrong church function.

I admit, I didn't pay Rocket Scientist much attention that day. Like I said... I had a "thing" for his roommate, Not Satisfied With One Woman, so listened to him more than Rocket Scientist. Apparently, Rocket Scientist was taken by me by just that one outing, and was thinking of ways to ask me out. Go figure. Anyway, so that was our first meeting, and then a week or so later (I can't really remember the specifics...) Not Satisfied With One Woman and I *gasp!* started dating. "No, no! Not him!!! With a name like that he must be bad!!!" you must be saying... Yeah, well... anyway... then the end of the year came by and I headed off to a lodge in the middle of nowhere to cook for the summer in a state I didn't live in. Not Satisfied With One Woman went to California as far as I know... like I said, I can't really remember. I tend to filter unnecessary things out of my mind...

We wrote like a good couple should *rolls eyes* and I tried to get out of him why he hadn't gone on a mission. Something that should have been an eye popper from the start. In any case, I'm glad that he broke it off in the middle of the summer because away from his presence, I was able to see and understand what my mom had been telling me. Something wasn't right about him... Anyway, so yeah. That was that.

School starts again. I head back to my college town, and decide that I'm through with boys. I'm just going to concentrate on school work. Now, just for you single people out there? That is the clue that you will not actually spend time on school work. That is the time where you'll find someone... lol Just so you know. I only say that cause Rocket Scientist was determined to not think about girls either... yeah. One day as I'm being a good girl and studying... (actually I was IMing my roommate in the other room... lol) who should walk into our apartment but... Rocket Scientist! Ta-da!!! He happened to be looking for something to do, so he was wandering the dorm. I guess... he says that he wanted to see how I was doing...

So anyways, that was pretty much it. Yes, Rocket Scientist and Not Satisfied With One Woman were still roommates. Thankfully they weren't actually in the same room... just same apartment. I didn't see much of him. *whew!* One funny time when I did bump into him though I was headed to see Rocket Scientist at his apartment. Not Satisfied With One Woman said to me "Hey Beautiful..." and I shrugged it off. Can't actually remember what I said, if anything, but I thought it was kind of funny that he was trying to "start it up again". Not on your life!! Oh, and for the harshness of his name? I found out the school semester that I was dating Rocket Scientist that the night that Not Satisfied With One Woman and I started our relationship, he actually had a date with another person... yeah... hence his name...

Sorry that was so long... I have a tendency to write too much as my faithful readers will tell you... hehe

2. How long did you date before you were married? ~Six.

3. How long have you been married for? ~Three and almost a half.

4. What is one thing he does that surprises you? ~This isn't very romantic, but here goes... he walks really quiet. He can come up behind me without me knowing, and then scare me cause he is really quiet with his steps...

5. What is your favorite feature about him? ~His hair, and his smile, and his skinnynes (but that can frustrate me as well...), and the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles, and his... Ok, you get the idea.

6. What is your favorite quality about him? ~He is so patient.

7. Does he have a nick name for you? ~Well, he does call me Shay but I got that before I met him, and I also have to say that if he did, do you actually think I'd post it on the internet?

8. What is his favorite color? ~Green

9. What is his favorite food? ~Anything spicy.

10. What is his favorite sport? ~Paintball (is that a sport?)

11. Who said "I Love You" first? ~Ok, I honestly don't remember..... but I did ask him, and he couldn't really remember either so I felt better. He guessed that he did though... hehe

12. Where was your first kiss? ~In his appartment. There's actually a fun story with this... Now before this, I could see "the look" in his eyes. You girls will know what I'm talking about. "The look" consists of his longing to kiss me. He had this look in his eyes for a while. Right before we kissed I saw it again. I said "Yes?" to pretty much say "What are you thinking?". He didn't hear the question in my statement. He thought I gave him an blank check. When he claimed that, I didn't know what he was talking about so I asked him. He explained it. Then he decided to write out the check. He came in to kiss me, but it was on my cheek. Guess what I said? "You missed." yeah... this whole thing is my fault. Hehe. Anyway, so that is the story.

13. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? ~Well, we like to read together, we like to watch M*A*S*H together or any other movie/series. We like to play a computer game called Flyff together. It is a free online game. Pretty fun. Google it if you wish.

14. Do you have any kids? ~YUP!!! One cute two year old who boy is currently in my lap named Bug. Or at least that is his blogging name, and another little boy and he would be turning one in two days but he died last December. His blogging name is Little Angel.

15. What is a hidden talent of his? ~Well, he can sing really well, he can draw, and he can swing dance. His drawing and dancing have sort of dwindled from lack of use though.

16. How old is he? ~29 He totally doesn't look it though. He could pass of as my age.

17. What do you admire most about him? ~The fact that he is so patient. I was really worried about getting married. I needed someone who would be patient to take things slow if I needed it, and I did. He has been so good with that.

18. What is his favorite past time? ~It is either Anime, Computer games, or me.

19. What is his favorite kind of music? ~Not really sure. He is pretty much up for anything.

20. Do you think he will read this? ~Nope.

I tag: Can, Jan, Amy, Christina, Anni, Haylee, Karahatay, and seriously... Anyone who wants to, consider yourself tagged! ^_^

1 comment:

Janene said...

I loved reading this!