Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wonder of wonders, Miracle of miracles

Like the tailor in Fiddler on the Roof, it is a wonder of wonders and miracle of miracles that Rocket Scientist asked me to marry him, but that isn't what this post is about.

We spent this weekend with family about 1 1/2 hours away from our home. It was a nice weekend away from the small apartment, and the seemingly constant housework that I tend to find on Saturday. We got home about an hour or so ago. Thankfully, in one piece. Yes, you read right... Let me get into my story now.

First things first, there were 4 construction sites in that tiny little 1 1/2 hour drive. FOUR!!! Crazy... In the first one though is our story. I was half asleep when I felt Rocket Scientist slam on his brakes. I opened my eyes in shock to see what was happening, but it was just a sudden stop on the freeway. They were closing down lanes, and that tends to cause that. We were in the fast lane. To the right was a car whose driver was either drunk, drowsy, or incredibly stupid. I'm not sure which. I didn't see what lane he came from, but he was cruising a whole lot faster than the rest of the traffic. He seemed to want to get in the lane that me and Rocket Scientist were in. The sudden slowness of our lane I think prevented that, and he had to swerve back to the lane right next to ours. This is at least the way that I saw it. Rocket Scientist was saying that he actually ended in our lane, but I'm not too sold on that.

Anyway, he was going much faster than the car in front of him, and either just barely nicked his corner, or missed him by inches. By slamming on the brakes, it caused his nose to swing into the fast lane right in front of us. I suddenly heard screeching tires, not sure from us or other cars, but amazingly enough, we avoided getting hit from any side. Rocket Scientist swerved into the shoulder and we avoided a crash. What kept me in shock fifteen minutes afterward was a discussion we had at our departing point. I figured Rocket Scientist would want me to drive since he should have been asleep anyway. I was more sleepy than him, and he insisted on driving. I felt bad. I thought that I might have been able to handle it with loud enough music.

The results of me driving just might have been drastic. Rocket Scientist handled that so smoothly, calmly, and fast. All three needed. If I had been one bit drowsy during that... I couldn't have had us come out so cleanly. I felt right after the almost collision that the only car that prevented that turn of events ending in an accident or not was us. Had Rocket Scientist not acted so fast, and we had collided, I'm sure, no positive, that it would have ended in disaster. And more than just us and the drunk/drowsy/incredibly stupid driver would have been in an accident.

Anyway, that is my version, Rocket Scientist might say something different on how it happened, but that is mine, and what I saw.

Isn't it amazing the miracles the Lord gives us in times of need? Even the small ones like Bug sleeping through the night are a huge blessing.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

glad you made it home safely!! Ever since I got pregnant I have noticed just how much over time our guardian angels go into when we are out on the road. I swear we avoid an accident every time we go out. Someone has something special planned for your and my family (and many more), which is why someone else is trying to hard to make us fail. I am just glad you are safe, I would be devastated if anything happened to you guys! missed you on Sunday!