Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Hello, my name is...

Mrs. Butterworth
I woke up on Valentine's day from Rocket Scientist trying to sneak out our room unnoticed. I wasn't surprised. It is kinda a tradition for him to make me a good breakfast on Valentine' day. I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep but was unsuccessful. Excitement was too prevalent. I may have accomplished going back to sleep, but it was interrupted with Bug waking up and asking to come out of his room, and from then on out, if I ever DID get to sleep again, it was interrupted with a chair rubbing across our kitchen floor. Whenever Rocket Scientist cooks, Bug wants to watch and help. So yeah. That was the reason for the chair scraping.

Eventually, after I had the smell of bacon and waffles or pancakes (couldn't tell which) in my nose, Rocket Scientist comes in our room to "officially" wake me up. I come in the kitchen to find waffles and some bamboo sticks shaped like hearts (I had decided that bamboo was one plant I was SURE to not kill. They don't even need any kind of dirt. They sit in water and all you have to do is make sure the roots are in water. So yeah... I asked for them.) Thinking that I HAD smelt bacon, I was confused to not find it. They were hiding in the oven. And yes. You CAN cook bacon in the oven. Which is what he did.

We enjoyed the company of our little family while we were eating whole-wheat waffles and then all of the sudden, Bug points to the syrup bottle and says, "Mommy!" I looked over to ask what he wanted. He pointed to the bottle again and said, "See! It's Mommy!" I looked over to Rocket Scientist and asked, "Am I really that fat??" Ok, just kidding. I didn't say it, but it would have been funny. So yeah. I'm Mrs. Butterworth now I guess. Let's hope I'll lose some weight after this baby is born or I'll look more and more like Mrs. Butterworth.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

he's so silly! I wish Erik made me breakfast! we kind of vetoed valentines day this year.

Anonymous said...

I mean this completely platonically but you are much hotter than Mrs. Butterworth.

Adriene

Anonymous said...

If it's any comfort, I don't think you look like Mrs. Butterworth either. : )