Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Night-time fears or sleep avoidance?

Today Bug woke up from his nap whining. I had to calm him down (from what I have no idea) for a half an hour then we spent another good half hour just playing silly toddler like. But more than that, not only tonight, but other nights he'll wake up crying. Or come out of his room in the morning claiming that his closet door made a "low sound". In any case, right now I'm not sure if he is just pretending he is scared so he gets more awake time, or if he really is.

I figured that if he was coming to me asking for a hug with a smile on his face, he is pretending and is glad I'm soaking it up. And yes, he did do this tonight. He is currently crying in his room because I denied him more hugs for this very reason. He didn't seem to need them in the way that I was initially thinking.

On the other hand, if he IS having night-time fears, how do I help him avoid it? He has already seen Monsters Inc. a few times and loves it. He actually (at one point tonight of trying to get out of his room so he could sleep) he asked me to open his closet door so he could say hi to the monsters. He's no dummy. But then again... if it isn't monsters he's afraid of, what is it? And if I don't know what he is afraid of (or even IF he is afraid of anything) then how am I going to help him?

Another thought. Maybe he is having nightmares? Uh... how do you explain to an almost three year old what a dream is? He can't tell me if he doesn't know what it is in the first place.

Ah well.... I'm not sure what to do with my little Bug. At least he isn't pretending he is going to throw up, right Jan?

2 comments:

Lisa and McCord said...

I still don't know what you are having. boy or girl? do you know? can I just not find it on your blog?

-Lisa

Janene said...

how could I have forgotten that almost throwing up phase?

One of my friends told me an idea for nightmares (if that is what it is), you can have them draw the nightmare and then stomp on it. Might be for older kids...anyways its an idea.