Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Doctor's appointment

Another appointment gone by. Same as last week. Not much change. I even went on autopilot again and almost ended up at my old apartment. Yes, again. I did that last week too...

Differences from last week: My doctor cut something off my belly button. This will take a bit of explanation.....

Back tracking to my first pregnancy...

I'm an innie. I have never really seen my belly button until I was pregnant with Bug and in the last stages when the belly button pokes out. When it finally did, I noticed something on it. Just a little extra skin it looked like. It was skin toned, but a little darker than my belly. Still skin toned though. It looked like a bit of extra skin holding on by a thread pretty much. It didn't hurt or anything. It was just.... there. I didn't tell my doctor about it (side note: I have had the same doctor for all three pregnancies).

Second pregnancy, it was still there, but no changes really with it, and so I still didn't tell him about it. I didn't seem to need to.

Last week was the first time I pointed it out to him. It was dark. Almost brown. A pretty dark brown compared to my almost white belly. It kinda worried me. He took one look at it and claimed it was a mole that needed to go. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't always this dark, but I don't think he heard that. He said he could take it off right now, but to just let it go until after the delivery in the hopes that maybe I might be a bit numb, or at the very least, just went through so much pain, a little prick at my belly button would be nothing.

I let it go at that. At least it was going to go. I was ok with that idea. Then sometime this week, it was still dark, yet, a dark red, with the little stem of it red instead of skin toned like it used to be. Also if I wiggled it around, it kinda hurt. Like there was a pin or needle in my belly button. I started to get more concerned and I mentioned it to him again today. It is now gone, and getting tested. I have slight pains coming from it now, but hope they will be gone by tomorrow.

Back to the appointment today: So he cut that thing off (what ever it was) and afterwards said he would send it in to be tested for melanoma or whatever because of the changes in color I told you and him about, and while we were on the subject of skin cancer, I pointed out to him a huge mole I have had on my upper left arm my whole life. I may be imagining it, but the past little bit, I think there have been some slight changes in the mole in the way of little dark dots. I now have an appointment to a dermatologist tomorrow. Let's hope (and pray... lots of pray......) that I don't have any skin cancer, that would not be fun to deal with right now...

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I hope it turns out to be nothing. One of my secret fears is having skin cancer and not noticing until it's too late. Definitely keep us updated on it and yes, you'll be in my prayers.

Lisa and McCord said...

what? No. That would be stupid for me to get pregnant when out of the country...=0