Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quick preggo update

It is late so this will be quick. Promise....

Doctor's appointment today. Had the beta strep test, and first dilation check. I was at a one. 50% effaced. Not sure if I used correct termage though. Anyway, he said for someone who has had two kids, I'm right where he expected me to be. Baby's heart is beating away, measuring good, amazingly enough my weight is staying pretty much the same, and I'm good with that.

Baby is funny. Whenever they check his heartbeat, he either moves so it is hard to find, or he tries to push the little scanner thing away with his foot. Or elbow. Or whatever can get to it I guess. It is kinda funny. The first time I realized he was "heartbeat stage fright" it was kinda scary.... it was my 20 week appointment, and the doctor couldn't find his heartbeat. He (that is the doctor) pushed and moved the scanner thing around like crazy. It took a really long time, and I watched his face for any sign of panic, while at the same time trying not to panic myself. He finally found it and I relaxed. It was kinda scary though... and thankfully my doctor kept his face calm because that was the only thing holding me together at the time. Now it is just funny, cause he will literally try to push the scanner thing away. Or move right when the nurse finds it.

So yeah. Everything is normal. Everything is going well. Baby moves pretty constantly it seems. But all is well. The doctor said contractions are pretty normal to feel right now, though I didn't have any to report since my last appointment. Weekly appointments up to the birth. And.... I guess that is it for the night.

2 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

What a funny little baby! You are getting so close!

Eliza said...

I'd always watch my midwife's face too to get a clear assessment of the situation. I'm so excited that you're getting to the final homestretch, hooray!