Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Epiphany

Today I had an epiphany. Well, not really, Rocket Scientist pointed it out to me, but after he did, I realized it was true. I can't function in disarray. I get grumpy and my brain doesn't work correctly. Not only that, but my emotions are all tied in knots so much that I get near depression. Well, not that severe, but still.

Knowing this doesn't help me much though. My back is still killing me. I still feel weak almost constantly. I still am so tired I feel the need to lay down almost all day. I STILL can't unpack by myself. So I am also still living in disarray which in turn causes me to be grumpy, and keeps my brain all jumbled up.

Then you can add on the fact that because I can't do anything, it makes me feel lazy, unhelpful and well... everything I have complained about in the last month or so. I go through each day either laying down or sitting down. Getting upset at Bug for playing with all the things in boxes that he shouldn't be playing with, but that are in his reach because I couldn't get to unpacking them yet. Even yesterday we went outside and played a bit on the playground area. Bug wanted to go down the slides. He got all the way up there, and didn't go down once. He said it was dirty. He went to look at another one, and claimed that dirty as well. For some reason it was irritating me. Here we were because Bug found "slides" and wanted to play on them, but he never went down.

I'm sorry most of my posts are filled with complaints. My nerves are almost constantly on edge right now. Probably due to the fact that I don't know where half of my stuff is. I guess I'll sign out before I get on another complaining tangent.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I would so totally help you unpack and get your life organized if it weren't for the small detail of being roughly 1,800 miles away. Instead, I'll just keep you in my prayers. :)

Janene said...

I remember wondering when Zach would no longer be nervous about slides. I think it must be a pretty scary big deal for these little guys! Hang in there, Shay!