Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pool Party!!

So this morning, I was playing on my computer. I started talking to a good high school friend online. I think I was probably complaining about my back and all the aches and pains I was having. She suggested swimming. We talked for a bit about all the different plusses to swimming. I decided I wanted to go swimming. She said she made herself want to go. I jokingly said that maybe she should come up from her about an hour drive to come swim and eat with us. It soon turned into an actual request.

The day was filled with cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Then a bit of rest. Then our guests arrived. We all got dressed for the pool and headed off. (that is excluding a pool party pooper who doesn't enjoy water... don't ask me how that is possible in an adult) Swimming was, as always, wonderful. I was weight-free, I could exercise without pain, and the cool water felt good as the hot sun shone on me. Bug still won't jump into the water even surrounded by a bunch of air contained in plastic. He insists on sitting at the side of the pool and sliding in. We suspect that is the reason he already has a hole in his floating donkey.

After about a half an hour or more in the pool, Rocket Scientist and Pool Party Pooper went and got the food and started the charcoal burning. Don't ask me why they set up our food on a picnic table covered in chocolate cake. The picnic table with a hornet's nest in it was so much better.

While waiting for the food to get ready, I taunted Bug with an Otter Pop to get him off the play area and over to the table. There were other kids there, and they just assumed I was talking to everyone. A few seconds later when I was expecting Bug to be at my side, there were two kids I had seen around but I don't know their names or their parents. They didn't even really ask. They just assumed that Otter Pops were on the house. I didn't want to deal with saying no, so I just gave in and gave them both one. Of course, I had to open them for them as well, and by then, my patience with them was waning. I opened them and sent them off. Then I heralded Bug over again, and then he could see what I was holding up and he promptly ran over.

We enjoyed the Otter Pops as we waited for the beef to cook. Then I realized there was another beggar at my side. Silly me. There were more than just two kids on the playground, and once one has something, they ALL have to have something. I sighed, knowing I couldn't get out of giving him one after the other two had one. There was only one left, and only two adults (out of four), and two toddlers got an Otter Pop (one toddler and one parent only getting half of one, while sharing with each other). Of course, when they were done, they came back over, begging for more. My patience was gone. We had no more frozen Otter Pops (not even in our freezer), so I told them they were gone, that this was our food, and to go play. I wasn't about to let them eat my Cheetos.

We waited a bit more and I had kool-aid sitting in front of me, calling to me. Only problem with that, there were no plastic cups around, they were all still in the apartment. To prevent me from drinking from the pitcher, Karahatay and I went to get the "last" load from the apartment including plastic cups so we could drink the ever tempting kool-aid sitting in front of me on the table while the burning sun shone on us. On the way back to the table with the hornet's nest in it we passed the big play area. I saw Bug almost to a platform (climbing up a plastic net thing) then I distracted my view and in true mother fashion, felt something terribly wrong. I looked back over at Bug, and he was laying, back down in the wood chips. It took a few seconds (as always) before he worked up a good scream. He probably had the wind knocked out of him after being pushed off. Yes, pushed. Or at least that is what I expect, since there was a kid on the platform Bug was heading to, right in Bug's way from getting on the platform. And yes. I suspect the kid who pushed him was one of them I gave an Otter Pop to. How nice. I gave them the Otter Pops that my friends and family were going to eat that couldn't now, and then they push my son off the play ground. (no, I'm not upset about it at all...... really.... *growls in the back of my throat*)

There were two adults throwing a baseball (not sure if either of them are parents of said kids) and they were on the scene a little bit after I was. The kids informed them of what happened (or at the very least their story) then they ran off to another adult possibly telling them. No adult came over to me to apologize or anything. No... I'm not upset..... really.............

As you are probably wondering, Bug is fine. I think he just got the wind knocked out of him. I checked his eyes for dilation, and there wasn't any problems there. Just fear, and wind knocked out I think.

Yeah... exciting pool party, no?

We eventually, after filling ourselves silly, came back into our apartment, ate homemade ice cream, and played Apples to Apples. All in all, a good day.

That...... is the rest of the story.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

mean kids! give bug lots of hugs and kisses for us. I hope they didn't deter him from wanting to play again. glad you got to have a party with your friends at least! I don't know that I would have preferred the hornets to the cake, lol.

Lisa said...

Grrr...I hate it when parents are so irresponsible. Unfortunately, it's just a never-ending struggle. But good news, you're at a 2 and 75% effaced! Either a short labor, or you'll be going into labor soon!