Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Success!

I found her! A few posts ago (or maybe quite a few posts ago) I posted that we went to order our internet and during that, Rocket Scientist stayed at the booth for the internet setting up, and Bug and I went to a maternity store. Crazily enough finding a soon to be ward member there who sold me three outfits. I wasn't planning on getting even one outfit, and she sold me three! Crazy. Well..... I DID need the clothes... I just wasn't planning on spending that much. There are good and bad things with getting a store worker to help you find clothes. Good: you find really good outfits that you actually like AFTER you get them home! Weeks later even! Bad: you end up buying more.

Anyway, after being here for about three weeks and not seeing her, today I didn't have any hope of seeing her at our ward. I figured she was in the student ward or something. I was kinda sad, I didn't know her name, and that I didn't even think to ask if she was in a family ward or student ward. Well, as Sunday School was starting I leaned over to Rocket Scientist, and pointed out the person who I spied who very possibly might be her. He looked over and two seconds later, declared that for sure, it was her. I was really excited.

After the block, we went over there and talked to her and actually two other people that were talking to her as well. We had a great conversation (I actually found out her name!!) just about a ton of random stuff. When you get three or four women together (girls, you know what I'm talking about) the conversation jumps from one thing to the next possibly starting talking about Star Wars or something, going through a dozen different topics, then ending up on baby names. Side note: one of the sisters there that was in the conversation has the same name as me. I don't find many of them. Usually only the first name is the same (I go by both my first and second name) though maybe spelt differently, but I haven't found many who have the same middle name.

So yeah. Excitement in my heart. I was planning on posting about something else, but I totally forgot what it was now. I waited too long I guess. Ah well...

Stay tuned for apartment pictures. I finally know how to get pics from my phone to my computer, so I will post pictures of our kitchen and dinning room once I get them on here. Yay for a home that is FINALLY coming together!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

yay! don't you just love when things go together like that? I have the same middle name as you, lol.