Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby story

My appointment yesterday was at 3:15, and i found out that I could be induced on my birthday. I agreed to it in the hopes that I would get a new baby on my birthday. Baby (his blog name until I think of a better one...) came a half an hour late to be on my birthday. Ah well... I tried right?

Here's the story:

We arrived at the hospital around 5:30ish. Soon after I was sitting down in my gown and stuff, the doctor came in and broke my water. I was already contracting so we weren't sure if we wanted to go the pitocin route, but had we done it sooner I bet Baby would have come on my birthday.

Eventually we started the pitocin, not sure when, and at some point, I was starting to feel very weak, and almost unable to breathe, and over all... just not right. It kinda freaked me out to the point where I couldn't concentrate on handling the contractions. So what did I do? Got an epidural. I didn't want to, but I was freaked out and thought something was up with me. Near the peak of the contractions my heart would skip a beat or otherwise palpitate and that effects my breathing and because of THAT, I couldn't concentrate on dealing with the contractions. So that is why I did it. I don't feel any particular remorse for doing it either, and hope I never will.

Almost half an hour after I was numb or maybe even sooner (this is just on my recollection, I wasn't actually looking at the clock) they checked my cervix and I was ready for delivery. I think this was around 12 though so I knew it was going to be too late for having Baby on my birthday. I started pushing at around 12:20 or maybe even 12:25, and after only one contraction and 4 pushes, Baby's head was out and that was about it.

He was born at 12:32, he weighs 8 lbs. and 14 oz. and was 20 inches. He had hair, but not a ton and will lose it soon. Uh... I think that is it, but if you want more info, let me know.

Sorry once again on the poll thing... Not like you would have actually gotten a prize of some sort, but oh well.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Wohoo! Welcome Baby, and good work, Shay! Don't feel bad about the epi. Less pain, life goes on. We're so happy and excited for you.

Eliza said...

So happy for you! The pictures you posted on facebook of Baby are darling. Have fun cuddling that little one :)

Janene said...

congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures and here more about him. :o) Still thinking of that name you already told me ???

Amy said...

Yeah! I'm so glad it went well. I was the same way -- not wanting the epidural, but then unable to concentrate, and then not remorseful at all about my decision to get it in the end! I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. We can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went well! I can't believe you blogged about your baby the day after you had him! The day after I came home with Ethan, I was either taking care of him or sleeping. What can I say, SL... you're amazing!

Amanda Bj. said...

Congratulations! I'm convinced that hard pregnancy leads to easy (relatively) delivery, and vice versa. That's just my theory though so you deserved and easy delivery. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad all ended well for you and the baby.

Lydia said...

I wish for getting my babies out in 4 pushes, but that doesn't seem to be the norm in my family.

I'm glad everything went fairly smoothly!