Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Crazy weekend

A good expression to match my weekend.
















The weekend started with packing like crazy in the morning so we could get to eat lunch with family. We hadn't had anything packed the night before... so yeah.

Packing, packing, packing. Rocket Scientist usually sleeps in the morning-afternoon. So he was dead on his feet. We got most things packed while Bug was still sleeping. Rocket Scientist declared that he needed at least a half hour rest before we left. He got one hour. Near the end of it, I got a call from my dad as to when and were we were planning on meeting for lunch. To get there on time (after about an hour and a half drive) we had to leave RIGHT THEN. We still had to pack some things for Bug and hygiene stuff. We got to work as fast as we could again and headed off about a half an hour to forty minutes later than we needed to get there on time.

Amazingly enough, we all pretty much got to the restaurant at pretty much the same time. After lunch, we found that my brother got his car broken into. I guess he has an alarm so it was a break the window, grab, and go type operation. The guy probably thought he got a lap top. Instead it was temple clothes... heh.... At first though, my brother thought the thief got his camera which still would have sucked but it seemed my brother wasn't too worried about losing his camera.

After spending time with my family for lunch, we headed off to meet Rocket Scientist's family. We were going to spend time with each other in the temple. We had a little relax time before we got dressed to go to the temple and me and my cute outfit and high heel boots headed off. (oh, side note thing... while driving to meet my family I realized we had left my cane, and I was quite bumbed about that. My back was killing me that morning to start off) We enjoyed our time in the temple, but by the end of it, I felt like I had bruised the balls of my feet. My back was actually doing ok because of all the walking, but my feet were really killing me because of the high heels.

After we got out, it was rush, rush, rush again. My brother had just published a book filled with portraits that he took of a lot of different people. He was having like a book signing/grand opening of when people could buy his book and we wanted to go to that, so we did. We headed off to meet my parents so we could car pool to the book signing/grand opening of when people could buy his book. We enjoyed our time there, me sitting a lot from the fact of my feet still killing me. The snacking food was really good. Strawberries, grapes, crackers and cheese, meat balls and things. It was really pretty cool. Obviously, we got a book. It is sitting on our coffee table (that we don't use for coffee... haha) right now ready for anyone to look through it. If we ever get visitors that is...

Anyway, we left and we started heading to the train station (you know, one of those uh... trains.... that runs off of electricity or something like that...). Near the train station was some steam trains that kids could play on and stuff. One of my nephews is a train fanatic, so we stopped there so they could play for a bit. Train Fanatic's brother was about to the train and then he tripped. He started crying and we went over to console him. Then while getting pictures of Train Fanatic on the train with Bug, one of my brothers up there with them said that Train Fanatic's brother was only looking up, and he thought it was kinda funny at the time.

Soon after that, or rather during, my mom noticed that Train Fanatic's little brother was really unresponsive. He was only staring up at the cloud filled sky and had a blank look on his face. After a lot of calling to him in strained voices, doing anything to try and get him to respond to us, someone near us noticed our dilemma, fear, and stressed voices. She came over to see what was going on and said it was probably a seizure because someone in her family got them all the time, and they only look up. Maybe a little before that, my brother was on a call with 911. Only thing was, is that he wasn't shaking. The woman suggested to us to lay him down, and we did. Then he started shaking. After a bit more of that, and trying to get the family around us to know what was going on (Photoguy who just published a book, Pavlov, even my dad wasn't around when it first started happening.... thank goodness for cell phones, huh??), we started to hear the ambulance. Almost about the same time the emergency guys started arriving, my dad and brother gave him a blessing. He wasn't shaking anymore, and his eyes were closed, but he was breathing and sometimes mumbling. By the way, he is only two about to turn three. It was quite a freaky situation.

None of us knew what was going on, and it was just really scary. He had a fever earlier that day. After carting him off to the hospital with my sister (his mom) and Exelente, my brother, (as comfort seeing as my sister's husband was at a lake with some young men), we all got on the train to head home. Sometime on the way home, I guess Pavlov (my brother) got a call from my brother at the hospital, then he txted me (I was on the lower level of the train, and Pavlov was on the upper level) and said that my nephew was doing good. It was a fever induced seizure.

It was very sad, and I was heart-breaking for my sister as well. Seeing her son (not much younger than Bug) strapped to a stretcher and she couldn't be next to him to hold his hand..... it was heart-breaking. Not only imagining this happening to my own son, but also, it was too much of a deja-vo for me. Having the emergency people rushing in, almost pushing the mom away from her son who she just wanted to snuggle and hold and make sure he was all right... It was too much the scene from the morning when we found Little Angel dead.

Anyway.... enough about that scene...

The picture at the top is one Pavlov took with his phone. I'm quite grateful to him since neither Rocket Scientist or I were up on the second level to document Bug's first train ride. Quite a great pic huh??

After getting back to our car, we drove all the way back to Rocket Scientist's parent's house so we could sleep there. We might have slept at my parent's house since it was closer to our car and it was quite late, but we left our suitcase down at Rocket Scientist's parent's house after we dressed for the temple. So that was our Friday... now for Saturday.

We had a very lazy morning. It was very nice. After spending some lazy time just sitting around and talking (pretty much) with the family, we headed off around 2 to head up to an air show my family was going to. It was pretty neat, and Bug enjoyed it. It was very hot and none of us remembered to bring chairs, so I was sitting on a hard dirt ground (we had blankets, don't worry...) which killed my back sufficiently. Then after that we headed to my sisters in law's house for a BBQ. That was nice and fun, but eventually Rocket Scientist had to leave again for another long drive back to his parent's house where we were sleeping again.

And that was Saturday. Sunday was probably the most relaxing day, seeing as we had church in the morning, then we all gathered for the monthly pot-luck/birthday celebration. We had it early enough Rocket Scientist and I could actually leave early enough we had time to give Bug a bath and put him to bed at a decent hour.

And THAT was my weekend. Sometime on Friday (probably around heading to meet Rocket Scientist's family to go to the temple) I started having false labor. But it didn't really get bad until we were driving to the book signing/grand opening thing for my brother's book. I didn't mention how fast the contractions were coming to Rocket Scientist (mainly because my dad was driving and he started freaking out when I mentioned that I had three within an hour only 25 minutes apart) until after we got out of the car and they went away. But just for information's sake only, they were coming about once every two minutes for about 20 minutes. They stopped when I stood up, so most definitely false labor. But almost the rest of the night when I was sitting, I had false labor. On the train, the drive back to Rocket Scientist's parent's house... yeah. I had a bit on Saturday, but since it wasn't as busy and active as the day before, I didn't have as much.

And that is it. Don't ask me how I survived, but I did, and I'm home trying to catch up on our pile of laundry. And not kill my back as well. I have a few more pictures from the weekend, but I'll have to get them on my computer before I do that, and I really need to continue doing my laundry before too long. Anyway, that is that, and I'm sorry it is so long, I'm famous for long babbling posts, so deal with it... *grin*

1 comment:

Danelle and Alex said...

That picture is hilarious! What a goof!