Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

What you've all been waiting for!

So I was told that my last post was not cheerful. Well, that may be so, but I wanted to write down what it was like as soon as possible afterward so I wouldn't forget. Exhaustion kinda has a way of making things sound not as happy of an occasion as it really was.

Enough about that.

We are home now, and are still getting used to life here at home. Thankfully Rocket Scientist didn't have to go into work on Friday, so that was very nice to have him around. He called in Wednesday and Thursday to not have work, but I was not sure if he would have to go in Friday or if he even would have. It was very nice to have him here so we can get used to our new life with a newborn together.

So, pictures... let me upload some.

Welcome to the world, Baby!




















He's always making this face...
















The well known "weight picture".




















Finally in Momma's arms.




















I know, you can't see my face, but all the other ones I'm either making a sarcastic face or my glasses are TOTALLY crooked. Sarcastic faces are because Rocket Scientist takes FOREVER to take a picture, and by the time he's done, my face is sarcastic. So there.
















Dad and Baby. Happy Father's Day, Rocket Scientist! (You better enjoy it! I worked hard for this present!)




















Kinda fuzzy, but I like it. He just looks so content. ^_^
















What's that thing in my face??




















Seeing angels?




















^_^




















Lovely tongue.




















No more pictures!




















Hey! What's that behind you??




















All ready to go.




















Hello silly face.




















I wonder what he is pondering in his sleep...




















And after all that you get to hear from me again. I feel sorry for you. :p

We are all doing fine here in paradise city, Bug is doing.... ok.... with the adjustment of a new little guy invading his life. He was "Mr. Drama Queen" before Baby came, and now he is REALLY testing his limits. At least he hasn't shown any hostility towards Baby. Mom and Dad on the other hand.... Good news though, he has finally started to touch Baby. I got him to kiss Baby's head earlier to "get rid of the hiccups". No it didn't work. But at least he kissed Baby. He still doesn't want to hold him or hug him, but we are making progress. Just before dinner tonight, Baby was laying on the floor crying, and Bug came up to him, placed the little bear/teething toy Bug picked out for Baby next to Baby on the floor, and said "Here you go..." Or something. I can't remember what it was that he said, but at least he was trying to make Baby feel better.

As for me, I'm doing ok. Still feeling slight pains here and there, and feeding times almost seem like torture, but we are working through it somehow. Rocket Scientist has been a life saver though, and I couldn't ask for a better hubby.

I guess that's it... Baby is calling for me.

6 comments:

Jason and Madi Stirland said...

Congratulations Sherrie Lynn! What a beautiful baby boy. I'm so happy for you. You are Great, not to mention an amazing little momma. Don't forget that I love ya tons.

Lydia said...

He is so darling! Just enjoy him!

Lisa said...

I think he's precious. Bug is probably having a hard time adjusting to life with a new brother. He'll learn, I'm sure. He sure was a big little guy! Sorry for the oxymoron. ;)

I think his blog name should be Ace.

Lisa said...

Yes, Ace! Just 'cuz Ace is cool. :D

Crunchymamma said...

Congrats! He is beautiful!

Lisa and McCord said...

Aw! Thanks for posting pictures. FOR ONCE. =) He is so cute. Name?