Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, June 26, 2009

What the boys are up to

Rocket Scientist:
  • Working hard keeping our family above water. What more can be said?
Bug:
  • Pushing my buttons to no end.
  • Wanting to be helpful... sometimes a bit TOO helpful to the point where he isn't helpful at all.
  • If Baby is crying, Bug will put his little bear that he chose for Baby (see the previous pic of Baby in the car seat... the bear is there with him) next to Baby to make him feel better.
  • Sometimes when Baby cries Bug will say that it is because Baby is scared. Then he will go get his bear (named Mr. Bear.... yeah I know we are WAY creative...), come back to the room Baby is in, point Mr. Bear somewhere (where the scares came from), and say "RAWR!!!" to scare away the scares (which is what Rocket Scientist does at night if Bug is scared).
  • Bug really likes to set the table.
  • "Bug's turn!!!" (this phrase gets said way too often and it bugs me sometimes... especially when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.)
  • Putting his clothes on by himself pretty well. The other day he actually put a diaper on himself. Hmm.... time to potty train is it??
  • Ignoring his parents. . . I hate repeating things, and yeah.... this one really gets on my nerves.
  • Playing Starfall.
  • Touching our computers when he isn't supposed to. Yesterday he turned Rocket Scientist's computer off with the power button on the front.... yeah.... not good for Windows.
  • Despite all the disobedience.... being the cute little Bug that he is.
  • Helping with laundry.
  • Really enjoys putting dishes in the dishwasher (wait.... I love that too!).
  • Turning the lights on and off. When we first moved here, he could only turn them on. It is crazy how much he has grown after being here just a few months.
Baby:
  • Sleeping in his cradle at night. (hurrah!!!! I remembered two nights ago that babies like constant sound, so I turned on our water fountain. I've been sleeping in my own bed instead of the couch ever since! ^_^)
  • Making those cooing sounds that you think you'll hear right off the bat but usually don't. It actually seemed normal at first until I realized that newborns usually don't make cooing sounds until like... a month after they are born. Baby was doing them AT THE HOSPITAL! Crazy...
  • Giving crooked smiles. Not sure if they are intentional or not. Usually he does them while he is falling asleep, but I got one or two while he was wide awake.
  • Latching on good enough that I was able to avoid cracked nipples this time around. Three cheers for that!

2 comments:

Janene said...

I hope that water fountain keeps working for ya!

growing5kids said...

Congrats on the new baby. You are awesome. Kids can be so helpful. Enjoy it while he wants to help!!