Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2 week update

Wow.... two weeks already??

Well, the only update I can really give you all is my own observations. The stats will have to come tomorrow after his appointment. So.... this is how all of us are doing:

Rocket Scientist:

He seems to be doing fine. He isn't as sleep deprived as me, but that may be just because he can sleep through anything. He is a bit worn out though, but I think that is because he had to work last weekend, to the huge disappointment of myself.

Shay:

Very tired. It seems I go through every day in a half zombie state. Even if I get a little nap in the afternoon during quiet time (on the couch, holding Baby). It never seems to be enough sleep. Feeding times also can be pretty frustrating for me, but mainly because Baby likes to suck a few sucks, then fall off. Repeating that the whole feeding. It is quite frustrating for me when I just wanna sit and read something or attempt to doze off, or some other sort of thing. Another frustrating and worrisome thing that happens while he eats is sometimes he'll start coughing pretty bad like he is choking on something. It worries me particularly because after he is done coughing, he usually sits there for a second or so not breathing (I know this because of the gasp he does after a few seconds... it sounds like he is gasping for air). I don't know why he does this, and I pat his back during the whole thing to help maybe get whatever he seems to be choking on out (which could only be milk which makes no sense to me....), but I don't know if it is helpful or not since I don't even know why he is doing the whole deal.

Bug:

He is doing much better. He likes to be of help with Baby in getting the diaper, burp cloth, or binky as I ask for them. He will sometimes get the binky himself and try to get Baby to suck on it when Baby is crying and Mommy is busy. If Baby coughs or sneezes Bug (take a wild guess...) will ask Baby if he is ok. I say "I'm ok." in a high pitched voice to mimic Baby answering him, because if no one answers him he keeps asking. He asks everyone he meets if they are ok if they sneeze or cough around him, so I guess I'm not surprised he does it with Baby. He's doing a bit better in listening to us, but we are still working on it. We are slowly finding ways to deal with non-sensical tantrums (usually caused because we did something that it was "Bug's turn" for) and haven't as yet had one today. Cross your fingers for us.

Baby:

Sleeping. Eating. Sleeping. Eating. Studying the world around him. Eating. Sleeping. You get the picture. Last night I think I found out that Baby prefers to sleep in his cradle in comparison to our bed. Which is a good thing. Of course, Mommy's arms are still number one on his list, but he seemed to be uncomfortable on the master bed. Sometimes during the night after I feed him, I will put him on our bed just to set him down to see what he will do if I set him in his cradle. If he fusses and tries to suck the sheets I know he needs more. If he dozes off... well that means that he is done and ready to get back in his cradle and sleep. The only reason I do this, is even if he is still hungry he will sleep in my arms. I can never know if he is done or not if I am holding him. Anyway, so one time when I was testing him to see if he was all done, he kind of squirmed when I laid him on the master, and seemed to be uncomfortable, and I think I actually got a burp out of him before I tried this, so that was out. He still seemed to doze off, so I put him in his cradle. Then I got another few hours of sleep myself, so he seemed to be more comfortable in his own bed. Which is a nice change.

I guess that is it. If you are interested in his stats, check back tomorrow.... sometime in the late afternoon probably.

No comments: