Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

GNM 10

Wow... in the double digits already?? And I have been doing one everyday! Despite the fact that I have still had depressing days, yet, throughout these ten days, it seems like I have been having less depressing days than I was before... Hurrah for good days!!!

So, this good news minute is brought to you by a neighbor in my ward. We had playgroup today again, and it was pretty much uneventful. I was in little conversation, and was trying not to let my sleep deprived/depressed self come out, because seriously, who wants a depressed mom at playgroup?

The mothers slowly started to go home, and I was eventually the only one sitting at the bench, and Bug the only one at the playground. I decided to go instead of sit there getting more and more sweaty with my depressed self. I headed off with Bug in tow and about when we got to our building, someone who was at playgroup with her three girls and newborn little boy (just a few days younger than Squirmy) came out with something big and blue in her hands, and hollered to me. I headed over to see what she wanted. She wanted to give me the big blue thing which in fact was a bouncy/vibrating chair thing for Squirmy. I had always wanted to get one of those for my kids, but never had the money. I was excited, and hoped that this is what would help me get things done and get some sleep. She didn't like it since it didn't support her son's head very well, so she got a new one and was going to take this one to DI.

Well, it is a hit. Squirmy was able to calm himself down by himself while sitting in it (with it vibrating of course) and he is currently asleep in it. It doesn't support his head much (seriously... what baby gadget does?), but he likes it, it is better (in my opinion) than having him in his car seat all day (who wants to sit on buckles and straps all day long??), and it is able to calm him down while I do dishes! Wahoo!!!!

I will post pictures soon. I promise. Seriously... I will....

1 comment:

Janene said...

what a thoughtful friend. I'm glad you're in the doubles. :o) Love you!