Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

New goal

Wait.... did I just say goal???

In the past I would never set a goal of my own accord. More like if someone made me. Or some other such thing.

Another side note before I get into my post... This is from now on. Not with any of my previous posts.

Ok. So. Yes. Many past posts have been pretty depressive. Especially recently. I have always considered myself to be optimistic. This blog is proof that I was just fooling myself. In reality, I always acted optimistic, but deep down in the inside... I almost always look at the negative. Because of past abuse, I have learned how to be a really good actor from a young age. I can act like I'm having the best of days in the midst of the worst days in my life. I don't usually act for my kids and husband though, which is why the previous post was posted. I am my worst self at my own home.

So, to the goal. I think that talking and complaining about the negative is normal, healthy, and even almost therapeutic. But if you always do that, it doesn't help anything. It actually hinders. So. If ever I find myself focusing on the negative, I will come on here (screaming baby or not) post a few negatives of the day, but after that, post some positives of the day. To start off though, I will do at least one positive. Eventually I hope to have the same amount of positive, and hopefully even to the point where there is hardly any negative and mostly positive. I'm going to leave the goal un-deadlined though. I don't know how long this will take me to change my attitude like this, but I hope (at least) that I am doing better next year than I am right now.

Wish me luck. And if I ever post a purely negative post, comment on it to get some positives on there and I will post a new post with only positive. Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and comments. I may have rolled my eyes on some of them, but only because I was still focused on the negative and never thought it would be possible or some other sort of thing.

Well.... here we go!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Good luck. *does cheerleader dance for you*

Danelle and Alex said...

I love that idea! Its too hard to suddenly through out all negative. Adding a little positive in each day is a great idea. And I think you are right, before you know it you will be way positive about things.