Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

GNM 7

Still visiting family, so this post is for yesterday's good news minute.

Yesterday Bug woke up with a tummy bug. He was throwing up all day. It was one of those days where I got thrown up on, and spit up on multiple times. Sadly enough, I didn't pack a ton of clothes for Bug and I like I usually did. The only ones who had enough clothes this weekend (without laundering them here) was Rocket Scientist and Squirmy. Squirmy I knew would use a lot of clothes since I knew spit up was inevitable. As for Rocket Scientist (the lucky guy), he didn't get thrown up on, and got little (if any) spit up on him. So yeah... on to the good news minute.

Bug was able to tell us when he was about to throw up. It may seem silly that THAT is my good news minute, but it minimized messes quite sufficiently. The only times he didn't throw up in a bucket were the beginning ones and he didn't quite know how to let us know. The last time before I could notice the signs and he could tell us he was about to throw up was the time I got thrown up on. Note to self: never hold a toddler who is sick in the tummy... (at least when he is trying to tell me he is about to throw up...)

And in case you are wondering, yes, after a whole day of not being able to keep ANYTHING down (pepto for kids, sprite, water, crackers, nutmeg, Pedialite, ginger ale... we were quite desperate we kept trying everything we could think of...), he woke up today and has been great. Thank goodness it was only a 24 hour thing. All day he kept asking for water, or toast, or bananas.... the poor kid. At least he is better now right?

Cross your fingers for Squirmy.... I really don't want to deal with a newborn with a tummy bug....

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Fingers crossed.

Is Bug potty trained? Just wondering if telling that is related to telling you when he's going to throw up.

MECDaddy said...

I'm glad bug is feeling better. I hope you guys had a better day celebrating Justin's 30th.