Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July activities

Disclaimer... prepare yourself to LOTS of pictures. You have been warned.

A few things we have been up to:

Ward Luau:

Some fun videos. They called all the men up to do this dance, so Rocket Scientist isn't the only one up there making a fool of himself. :) I know they all look the same, but I'm putting them all on here because they all have funnies in all of them and I couldn't decide which one to do. And yes. I got Rocket Scientist's permission to put this on. I'm not going to be in trouble for this. What a good sport. Watch them in order or you will spoil the ending. ^_^









Family reunion (Shay's side):

Here are some pictures of the fun time we had camping with my family.

Bubble fun! Don't you just LOVE the face Bug is making here?
















They are all so transfixed!
















I love the face Bug is making in this one too, and wish it wasn't fuzzy.
















A candid shot of my mom, brother, and soon to be sister-in-law.
















Little Squirmy
















The cute little Bug




















Squirmy doing what he does best. Squirming in the front seat. I don't even really remember taking this pic...




















Playing in the lake near where we were camping. I'm surprised how willing he was to hold still for pictures.




















What an adorable smile!
















He enjoyed throwing the mud back into the water... a little too much fun I may add... I think he was trying to attack the water for constantly coming up and hitting him.
















After fun at the lake we stopped for a bite to eat before we headed back to camp. My nephew (shown here) laid down on his mom's lap (without even finishing his shake!! *gasp!*) and within thirty seconds was asleep. His mom loved it (I did too, I admit...) and we took a picture of him since she didn't know where her camera was.
















24th of July parade:

Bug's first... well not first... but possibly the first time he will remember it, or at the very least the name of it, parade. Most definitely Squirmy's first parade. Well, here are the pics.

I just love his smile!
















This pic was taken by my silly brother and it inspired him to take...




















...this one which actually turned out pretty cool in my opinion.
















Like I said... I can't get over his smile!
















Waving the flag.
















Me and my hot self. Hey look at that! My glasses really ARE transition! It is hard for me to tell sometimes, you know?
















The cute little Bug
















Ain't my dad fun?
















Squirmy in Grandma's arms.
















Squirmy holding the flag. Ok, not really... but it kinda looks like that right?






2 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

Cute pictures! Its fun to see some pictures of your family.

Deanna said...

cute!I can't believe how big your boys are getting!