Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Good news minute

In Relief Society, we do a "good news minute" every week, where people raise their hand and share a bit of good news from their week. I think I'll try to post a "good news minute" thing everyday. Don't count too much on it, since I am the mother of two little rambuncious boys (or at least one rambuncious boy and another boy who is quite demanding, insisting I hold him every second of the day....) and I may not be able to get on here everyday to post something. But I will look for something to post everyday. If I miss a day I will try to catch you up.

So, for today:

Bug (while at the dinner table) said, "Go pie?" I scrunched my forehead in confusion. What in the world did "Go pie" mean? Well, eventually we figured it out, and realized that if you try to say "pie" in two syllables, it sounds kind of like "potty". That's right. While wearing a diaper and sitting at the dinner table, he asked if he could go potty. That is a HUGE step for him, and we are way excited about it. Let's keep this up, Bug!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Both the potty and the good news minute. I have a hard time seeing the good during the day too, maybe you can inspire me :)