Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Change is in the air

This post is bound to be full of ramblings. Just as a warning.

A new baby is on the way. Bug is almost three. THREE!!! I don't know where the years have gone! Rocket Scientist is looking into changing majors. And last but not least, we just looked at options for new housing. We aren't making enough to do anything towards a house, so looking at another apartment complex. Preferably one without cinder-block walls, nicer accommodations, bigger, and still within our price range. We found one that we are reasonably satisfied with from just the online connection we have with it. We will most likely be going there tomorrow or something to check it out a bit more and see if they have openings.

Pretty much all of these changes are inevitable. Switching apartments does have to change, but the time of the change is subject to change. haha.

I'm not really sure how I feel about moving. I have so many friends here in this apartment complex and others that I'm just getting to know. Rocket Scientist and I have spent all our married life in this apartment (minus the summers we spent with family...). This has been Bug's only home. The only place with memories of Little Angel.

Then again... the walls are cinder block and keep NO warm air in during the winter. There is no dishwasher. EVERYTHING needs to be re-done. There is no cupboard or drawers in the bathroom. The washer is IN the bathroom with the dryer OUTSIDE! We are quickly outgrowing the apartment with all our furniture and toys and electronics and.... etc....

Add on the fact that we are totally disorganized at this point, our apartment is a MESS and the storage is just that. Don't ask me to FIND anything in it... Then the plain and simple fact that Rocket Scientist is asleep for a good part of the day, the morning (when he is awake) is spent with me laying down hoping not to faint. Back aches. Faintness when I do my hair... All the problems that I have been talking about lately on here.

One more aspect: I feel like it is time. I'm being pulled to moving. Almost as if my limited time in my wonderful ward is now over. My chance to make a difference in the ward has come and gone. No more (or very little chance) being able to lift someone here. Serve this wonderful ward who has done so much for me. But like I say. It almost feels right to move now. Rocket Scientist still needs to finish school, but I feel our time here in this apartment has run down. It is time to move on.

Don't ask me how it will happen. I'm still not even sure IF it will happen, but the possibility is sure there. Others have moved while they were pregnant. Some into our ward when they were about to pop! If they could do it, so can I.

But just the thought makes me just a wee bit nervous...

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I like to comment on blogs. That way people know you're read them. ;)

Danelle and Alex said...

Sounds like you guys deserve a bigger and better apartment. Its fun to move and start over again and get organized and stuff. Plus if you move when you are about to pop you can make everyone else do the work and you have a good excuse! :) I would move just for the dishwasher! I don't know how you have done that for 3+ years!!!!!!!!!