Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oi... what a crazy week and a half...

I know, I know, it has been forever. Let me explain before you get your feathers in a ruffle.

I may have written about this before all ready on my blog, and if so, humor me. On the seventh of this month, we were about to go visit family. We pulled out of our parking spot, and heard a loud crunch, our car automatically stopped, and uh, it felt like we just ran over something metallic, big, and uh... yeah. Our back end was up and didn't feel like the wheels were on the ground anymore. I was about to freak out because we had my computer in the trunk and I was worried that Rocket Scientist pulled out with the trunk open and we just ran over my computer. I know, I know your eyes are popping out at this point. No we didn't run over my computer. Our muffler fell off. Heh... We needed a new muffler we already knew that. There was a gaping hole in it, and we were going to fix it the next week seeing as it was spring break. I guess the muffler wanted to be fixed sooner than that though.

We really needed to go down that day because of the fact that we haven't visited family for a while, Rocket Scientist's dad had a tax program for us to use to get those in, and just over all needed the time away from our own messy house. So what did we do? We tore the rest of the mutilated muffler off, stuck it in the trunk and drove off. Thankfully no policeman looked too closely at our car because apparently (heh), they CAN pull you over for that... The car wasn't much louder if at all than we were used to. Seeing as there was a hole in the bottom of the muffler that was uh.... about the size of a DVD case, but a little bigger, and certainly jagged. And actually, after it fell off we found a hole in the top of it too, but it looked more like a cut. Long, skinny, and jagged.

We got to Rocket Scientist's parent's house safe and sound (after a quick prayer on the island that we would get there safe) and his parent's suddenly decided that we would NOT drive our car back to our home. They were going out of town for a few days and insisted that we drive one of their cars back while ours got fixed in their town through the week. We were planning on seeing our car again on Friday the 13th. One of the things that needed to be fixed needed to take longer than that apparently, and I was quite bumbed out. Even though I hardly see the car anyway. Oh, that Sunday (the 8th) Rocket Scientist had to go back home for something during church and drove back to the church building (with obviously his parent's car). He surprised me in saying that we could drive back home and I was excited because I wasn't feeling the best to walk at that point in time. He leads me toward the car and I see his parent's car there.

"Oh look! That looks like your parent's car! I wonder what they are doing.........." yeah. That was the dumb sentence that escaped my mouth before I realized that WE would be driving that home. Silly me.

Anyway, so yeah. We didn't get our car back that weekend (13-15) like I was looking forward to. But Rocket Scientist's dad reassured me that they would be done with it by Monday the 16th. Backing up a day or two now, on the 14th, my computer would NOT turn on. Well... to be fair, it would turn on. You could hear the fans, see the blinking lights, but it wouldn't beep. It wouldn't show me anything on the screen. I probably could open a CD drive if I would have tried. In any case, it would turn on, but that is about it. Rocket Scientist suddenly blamed the motherboard seeing as ever since we got that current motherboard I have been having little problems here and there for seemingly no reason, and we could never really find a solution to the problem. Just a way to bypass it.

I called my dad (seeing as he knows a lot more about computers than I do) to tell him what was going on with my computer, and see what he would say about it, and also to tell him what we thought it was. He suggested we check the power supply. He told me a few stories where they thought it was something else but it was the power supply. We figured that if it was free, may as well. It wasn't. Or rather checking the power supply was free, but the problem wasn't the power supply. The guy at the computer store that we were at rounded us at about $400 or more for him to fix it with a new motherboard, ram, and processor. Rocket Scientist said he'd think about it (really saying, "I'll order the parts online and not pay any money for labor and do it myself") and we left the store. We found out what we needed. It wasn't the power supply.

This raises a new problem though... my computer was obviously not working. Rocket Scientist's computer couldn't connect to the Internet (for some odd reason). So what do we do? We went to a friends house that day (thanks Cat!!) and ordered it on her computer. Since it was a Saturday, we had to wait until Monday to start counting the work days. It arrived yesterday as expected. We took everything (literally everything) out of my computer case in preparation for the new motherboard. We put it back together together, installed Windows on it, and we are still in the process of getting all the files (really there isn't much in the way of files seeing as my most recent C drive was only about 20 gigs.....), programs, drivers, updates, yadda, yadda, yadda on my now C drive (about 700 gigs.... I think...).

*sigh*

What a week and a half. And what a week I have ahead of me...

No comments: