Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Thoughts on headaches

Ok ok, I know I have already written three posts today, but I thought I'd share these before I lost them to my pregnant forgetful mind.

This morning I woke up with a splitting headache. I do have pills for headaches such as these, but I don't like to take pills while on an empty stomach so I stayed in bed wishing for sleep until it was time to eat. I don't think I got any.

When I have a headache (as I'm sure this is true for most people) I am really REALLY grouchy. My patience is shot with the pain throbbing in my head. I usually take it for granted and don't try to change anything. This morning was no different. Then I thought... I really should try to be more patient even if I have a headache. I started to wonder if anyone is like that.

Wait... Christ I'm sure was like that. He was patient with everyone and in every situation. Did He have headaches? I'm positive about it. He was a human to and had all the aches and pains that we deal with. I think we as a people only ever think about all the big pains of the world that He had to deal with. Abuse, laughter in his face, spitting, betrayals from trusted ones. But then again, I tend to be able to not complain as much with the bigger things. I have a harder time not complaining when my back aches. Or if I have a headache. Or if my feet hurt. All those little aches and pains that we all have.

Makes you think doesn't it?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I am grouchy when I have a headache. last night Erik went through the trouble of finding a Wal-mart with fabric and I was not in the mood to look, I felt bad, but I knew it was from the all day headache that had worn me down. don't feel bad, headaches will do that to the best of us.