Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Twi-ness

Post warning: This post is solely on the very most recent movie/book craze. About vampires. And love. If you could care less about the ramblings of a Twi-hard/Twilighter... then please, stop reading now. I will not be offended if you skip this post and in all reality... how would I know if you did or didn't read anyway?

I am a Twi-hard/Twilighter. I am not ashamed to admit it. We have the whole series and bought the movie the very same day it came out. We aren't as firm Twi-hards/Twilighters that we actually went to a midnight opening thing of it. But we did in fact buy the movie last Saturday when it came out.

We watched it yesterday, only really because we really REALLY needed the time together, and we couldn't do it Saturday night seeing as Rocket Scientist was so tired he claimed he was going to take just a half hour nap and I was to wake him up after that (I couldn't... he wouldn't wake up) and we would watch it together eating our newly bought popcorn and Twilight Necco Sweethearts. Yes, you heard me right. Necco came out with some conversation hearts (you know the ones... the ones that you absolutely HAVE to have on heart shaped sugar cookies and that you can only get around Valentine's Day) that are Twilight themed. They say such things like "Bite me", "Dazzle", "Forks", "Lamb", "Live 4 Ever", and even "I <3 EC". I haven't personally found one that said that, but I'm working on it.

The only thing I really remember about watching the movie on at the theaters was the fact that there was a HUGE group of giggly teenage girls in the back. They would swoon every time Carlisle or Edward or sometimes even Emmett came on screen. Rocket Scientist (yes he was there with me... he uh... actually got ME into the books) and I just sat there and almost laughed out loud many times but not at the movie (though we certainly did when it warranted that) but at the HUGE group of giggly teenage girls in the back. I also remember thinking that they did reasonably well with the movie.

After watching it again at home I was able to see things in it that kind of bug me. Not that I am resigning my post as a Twi-hard/Twilighter, there were just things that I think they could have done if it wasn't as much of a "rush order" movie. Maybe if Harry Potter wasn't moved to this summer and Twilight came out in December like it originally planned it might not have turned out quite the way it is. Who knows?

Here are my thoughts (not sure of spoilers... read the rest of this at your own discretion):
  • Edward doesn't seem to be enjoying his time with Bella AT ALL. He is scowling or looks frustrated or mad or in pain almost all the time. Ok... there are two scenes that I like better than the others because he is actually smiling... One: when they are walking to class after they become "public" and Edward picked Bella up for school for the very first time. Two: At the prom. I think the meadow scene could have been MUCH better, and uh... they could both have looked like they were enjoying themselves just a BIT more. And I do understand the fact that her blood calls to him and causes him physical pain to be around her, but still... in the book he at least smiles a majority of the time... or at least that is how I remember it...
  • They totally don't have any conversation in the movie at all. Sure the parts where we are learning more about vampires in general or the Cullen family in particular, but other than that, you don't have any other sort of bonding type conversations. It seems more like lust rather than love because of this. You don't see (or rather hear... there are a few scenes where you see them talking but you can't hear what they are saying) really anything for them to like about each other but their bodies. Thus it constitutes lust rather than love to me.
  • Seems WAY too rushed. Like I said above "rush order" movie. There are scenes that are just not done really all that well. One: The meadow scene and the whole scene before that when she sees him sparkle and he's showing off his vampireistic powers. Two: in the hospital at the very end when Bella freaks out. I just hate that part. It is so..... what is the word?? Immature. Yeah, I guess that works. And the way she reacts also makes me believe more in the fact that they lust for rather than loves each other.
I guess that is pretty much it. It just could have been done much better I think if it weren't done so fast or maybe new directing was needed? I'm not sure. In any case, I just think it could have been done a whole lot better. I still enjoy it. I still love the story. I just don't think it was portrayed the best on screen.

But then again... what good book is?

No comments: