Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, March 9, 2009

I figured it out!

This pregnancy has been very different than the other two I have had. I'm beginning to think it is because all three of them have been approximately 18 months apart each. I first thought sure it was because this one was a girl, but we all know how wrong that guess was.

One major difference is my fainting feelings. I'm not sure exactly how to say what they are. But they are pretty regular. Even very daily. Almost at the same time every day I feel faint, and need to lay down so I don't faint. I never knew why so I didn't know how to fix it except what my doctor told me. To sit, or even better, lay down. So that is what I did. Almost exactly at the same time everyday around nine or nine thirty in the morning I had to lay down for an hour or longer to wait it out. My heart starts pounding either too fast or too hard, I feel light headed and over all... just not with it.

Other fainting feelings were more obvious as to why they were happening. Like on the bus. The buses are SO FREAKING HOT!!!!! So I would feel faint. Usually it was ok if I was sitting down, and I always avoided getting on a bus that was too full where I would have to stand. I would just wait in the cold for the next one. Besides. It wasn't as cold to me as to others because of my internal heater (which is also a major change from my other two pregnancies seeing as I never noticed a huge change of my temperature before...).

Sometimes the bus driver would try to convince me that I could fit. I didn't feel like explaining to him that if I came on I would most likely faint and figured he didn't want to deal with that, so I just smiled and said I'd wait. Besides, I don't ever remember feeling particularly cold this winter. Just a nice comfortable temperature or too hot.

In any case, those fainting feelings were much easier to pin down as to why I was having them, but the daily ritual of having to lay down at the same time every day was kind of annoying and I had no idea how to prevent it or make it go away besides having the TV on for Bug and laying down until it went away.

I figured it out!!! It is actually the same thing. "Why did it take you so long to realize that you were too hot?" you may ask? Well, for the main reason that I didn't feel too hot. I just started to feel faint. So now what to do? I have good feelings from this and bad ones.

Good: I finally know how to get rid of the faintness besides just laying around waiting for it. I predict that I'll have a lot of luke-warm showers with the fan on high in the upcoming weeks/months.

Bad: This isn't going to get any better until I have baby. The weather (besides today) has been pretty constantly getting warmer and warmer. I will only get hotter and seeing as our apartment doesn't have AC, this just might be a problem. Who knows? Either I'll be sticking my head in the freezer more often the next few weeks/months or maybe I'll have to have multiple luke-warm/cold showers/baths in one day. Which I don't really feel happy about.

But hey, at least I know the cause so I can maybe try to prevent it or at the very least get rid of it without wasting time laying on the couch.

Also, this is another reason why milk is even more my miricle drink. Eases nausea, cools my body down... is there anything milk CAN'T do for me?

5 comments:

Adriene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adriene said...

I'm pretty sure milk can't change a flat tire, but other than that...

Deanna said...

that doesn't explain why I feel faint lately, lol. but glad you figured it out. just don't get too hot or you will be right where we were almost a year ago. stay in there little guy, don't give your mom a heart attack! give Bug a hug for me. and tell him to hug you for me too :D

james said...

Have they tested your iron level? Is it high enough?

Daniel and Caroline said...

When I was pregnant with Becca, I had the same thing. Eevery morning about 10:00, my heart would beat really fast and I would get really hot and weak and dizzy. My OB tested everything, couldn't find anything wrong in my blood work, so he sent me to a cardiologist. The cardiologist did an EKG and had me wear a monitor for 24 hours, but they still didn't really find anything wrong. So I went back to the OB and he said that even though my iron levels were testing high, it may help my heart to take iron. Once I started taking the extra iron I felt better and the episodes stopped happening.
It may be worth a try for you.