Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

You name it

It happened.

Ok ok. So it wasn't that bad.

Last week, we had planned to visit family this weekend. We needed to get taxes done and it had been so long since we had gone to visit. My ward DID change the linger longer, so we wanted to be back home for church Sunday so we could go to it.

To start off: Rocket Scientist comes home from work on Thursday (I think), I drag myself out of bed, and almost the first words out of his mouth were, "Hon, I don't think we can go down this weekend." Not the best way to start a morning. I didn't even realize how much I was just trying to live through the week for a tinsy tiny little break with family on the weekend until he said that.

Second problem: We pulled out of our parking spot right before leaving and we sound and feel like we jut ran over something. Rocket Scientist goes to check and comes back to the cab of the car to say that our muffler just fell off. I start pondering if maybe something is telling us not to leave or if it is someone else saying not to leave when we really should. It would have been more obvious if we were going to the temple or something.

We left anyway.

Rocket Scientist worked on getting the muffler all the way off (it was hanging by a thread. Or rather two rubber things), shoved it in the trunk in case anything was salvagable and we headed off with a prayer in our hearts. One thing I should tell you about our muffler, is that uh... we have been driving with a huge hole in it for probably longer than six months. We already knew we needed to fix it...

We got to our parent's house in safety, but they insisted that we drive their car back and leave ours to be looked at and fixed up. We did so. We are safe at home now. My computer isn't fixed like I was hoping it would be by this time but at least we finally have the things we need to fix it.

That is our weekend story.

By the way. I fell asleep while writing this as well as when I was proof-reading it for typos. So don't feel bad if you fall asleep to. I just wanted to complain a little. And sleep. Hmmm.... I guess I'll go lay down now.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Well I hope it was good sleep. glad you made it safely! that happened to my family once, it was snowing and my dad had to fix the muffler in the middle of Idaho.