Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

GNM 14 & 15

We went to bed early yesterday so I forgot to do my good news minute...

Yesterday:

Yesterday was an overall good day. I don't think I could narrow down anything to just one or even a few good news minutes because the whole day could be considered "good news". But let me think back and see if I can't find some highlights...

I got some exersize on the Wii Fit, we FINALLY got our apartment cleaned... vacuumed, floors moped... the works. Two of my brothers visited (neither of which check my blog... *sadface*), I got to go swimming... most of the laundry done... like I said.... it was an overall good day. Any funny quotes though have escaped me like they always do (which is why I hardly update my "Wise sayings (yeah, I call 'em wise sayings)" section of my blog. Just overall productive, and well worth it!

Today:

I got set apart for my new calling! And let me tell you... I really needed that blessing. I have been very troubled in my soul the last few weeks and felt... lost. Confused... and worried I was losing my faith. I didn't know what to do, or where to turn to. I am trying to keep up with my mom's ever needed advice to "Go forth with faith" but sometimes... I just don't know what to do. I am trying to turn around, and not give up... to go forth with faith... and to do my very best. And the blessing I got today for my new calling (enrichment committee member) has given me the courage and the strength I need to continue on. Even though I feel like I'm in darkness.

And THAT my friends... is very good news.

No comments: