Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

GNM 17 & 18

First things first:

I'm imagining I'm boring you all with these good news minutes, and contemplating starting a new blog for JUST good news minutes. If I did would you check it? Would you then have to read two blogs of my dreary life? Comment your thoughts and let me know. If you don't really care to read my good news minutes, you wouldn't have to. I do them mainly for me which is why I'm thinking of starting a new blog. Let me know your thoughts please.

Yesterday's good news minute:

Who knew that homemade mac n' cheese leftovers, a lb of ground beef, and two cans of tomato soup (one progresso one cambells) would taste SO GOOD?!!?!?!?!? And sad to say this is my good news minute... I kind of had a blah/lazy/not-so-good-mothering kind of day yesterday. But that was my good news minute. I knew my hubby could pull this meal off. He is amazing at improv cooking. We had leftover mac n' cheese and no ketchup! And for those who know me... I can't stand mac n' cheese without ketchup on it! So I was envisioning this kind of meal when I thought of dinner that night, and told Rocket Scientist what I was envisioning and I knew it. He brought it to life. It was so tasty. Try it out sometime... and if you need my mom's amazing mac n' cheese recipe... let me know! ^_^

Today:

Hmm.... not much has really happened today yet. The apartment is amazingly still standing and in good shape. You can still walk around without jumping over a million things. I guess that could count as good news. I'm keeping up with keeping stuff off the floor. I'm not perfect yet... still one project of changing around the clothes (any other mothers hate this chore?? you know... they grow out of what they are wearing and you need to rotate clothes?) that is laying around. But hey. It is out of the usual walking area, and there really isn't that much. So in general... I guess my good news minute for today is that the apartment is still liveable and not a pig sty. ^_^

And here is a few pictures to help promote a good news minute for you! ^_^

I really can't believe how big he is! It makes me smile when I see his belly like this. Call us cruel, but sometimes we call him a beached whale! :)




















It just makes you smile, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Janene said...

oh my goodness! That really is a huge belly! :o) Love it.

And I like your GNMs here, what would you write on this blog if you moved them?

Lydia said...

I thought you did something to that picture at first. Is that even real? No one's belly is that big!

Anyway, I think you should keep doing good news minutes on this blog. And that's the way it is.

Danelle and Alex said...

I love reading your GNM's. I try to do two blogs, one is just our family journal blog and its on private for only us and its kinda hard to keep up with two blogs. This is your blog and you can write whatever you want. P.s. that first picture is just black. I tried looking at your pictures on facebook too and most of them are just black as well.

Can said...

Oh please, please, please, keep the GNMs here! It's what I like reading best!

Thanks for the updated pics!

Love the one of the two boys!

Liz Meehan Neighbors said...

good news babies! when my 13 and 14 yr old were "lovebugs", i was exhausted and maybe depressed...couldn'y believe it because i was so blessed. every night, i went in to look at them, sleeping, before i went to bed, i prayed and thanked God for them and the joy they brought me. even if the day was filled with my ups and downs. grateful in prayer helped my guilt...guilt for not being perfect mom all day.