Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mary Kay


Before I ever came in contact with the Mary Kay company, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw someone beautiful probably only 3 or 4 times. Maybe even 5. In my whole life. I ran into the Mary Kay company when I was 22. Despite what people would tell me about how I looked I never saw it. I never felt beautiful. Except those 3 or 4 (maybe MAYBE 5) times. And no. I'm not exaggerating. And if I am, it would be a very little bit.

I was shy.

I thought myself of little or no worth.

I certainly would never had met my full potential like that.

I won't waste your or my time explaining the journey to where I am now. I didn't even realize it was happening at first. I was a consultant for a different company at the time, and to be quite blunt, I sucked at it. I'm still not sure if I make a good sales person. But I can see and feel the difference in me. Everyday it seems like I can look in the mirror and see someone beautiful. Maybe it isn't the products. Maybe it is more my frame of mind. But when I look at myself and feel beautiful, I in turn feel good about myself. Maybe I'm vain. Who knows? The fact remains that when I look beautiful (and can actually see it myself), I feel beautiful, and that improves my mood, my outlook of who I am.

Whatever else Mary Kay is, it has helped me improve my self-esteem. I'm not sure what it is. The products... the breaking out of my shell... being more conscientious about my looks... I really don't know, and honestly, I don't think it really matters. What matters to me is the positive changes that have happened to me and that I can see for myself. THAT is why I started up again despite my fears. I can see the changes in me and want to help other women see the beautiful them. Despite what people may think, I did not start this back up to earn more money. Sure it will most assuredly help us. But that is not why I started again. I feel great and good about myself, and I want other women do the same. Most, if not all women need a self-esteem boost. I got mine from Mary Kay before I even became a consultant. And so I became a consultant to share my story and to help others see the good in them.

If I not make one cent in this business, I am and will always be grateful for what the company has done for me.

That's my story.

4 comments:

Lisa and McCord said...

Love the story. I feel the same way. So glad that I could help out with a little of that. You deserve it. Hey, if you are interested in buying some of my inventory - give me a text or call. I'm selling it for 10% off 50% (consultant discount). I just have too much and am trying to make the rent. Interested? I've got nearly everything. If you need a refill for your own use or to sell it, the price still stands. =) Let me know.

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not vain! Feeling good about yourself is a good thing, even if it means you look in the mirror and say "I make this look good" (movie quote for you :) Having the ability to know you are beautiful is awesome...it has also taken me years (about 6 actually) of constant multiple times daily hearing I am beautiful to finally believe it sometimes.

Azteroth said...

you know, i totally think that is what Mary Kay is all about. That is so awesome that you feel that way too. It's really done something similar for me, too. Perhaps if I decide to start up again to help others feel good rather than make money, i can get the momentum I need. Hmmm...I'll have to think on that. Good luck and keep going!

Janene said...

I think this is great! I think the better you feel about yourself, the easier so many things will become. Good luck!