Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ode to Wii Fit

For Mother's Day, Father's Day, my birthday, Rocket Scientist's birthday, AND our anniversary, we combined them all together, and we bought.... a Wii, and a Wii Fit. One gift for all those together. It was well worth it.

My weight may be going up and down and every time it goes back up I get a little depressed, but looking back on the graph that the Wii Fit has... when I go back up, I never go over the previous peak on my little graph that looks like the Rocky Mountains. I am steadily going down. What an amazing thing! I'm glad I have a graph to look at otherwise I would just give up. I'm quite sure of it.

Not only that, but the Yoga poses and even the balance game where you sit on the little balance board and basically meditate has kept me sane.
I may have been bad enough off that I could have been prescribed some medication for postpartum depression, but I don't think I'm that bad off anymore... Honestly, I don't know if the relaxing Yoga poses or the meditation alone help keep me sane or if it is just the fact that I'm working out. In any case, while I was sitting on the couch this morning feeding Squirmy and Rocket Scientist was getting Bug ready for church, I just felt... or more like I realized... that our home is more peaceful. It feels less stressed and contentious. And I owe it to my frame of mind, and I owe THAT to the Wii Fit.

Also... side note regarding the Wii Fit... after you do a Body Test (where they weigh you and all that) in one day, you can stand on the balance board holding something, and they will tell you how much that weighs. Well.. just for fun I thought I'd find out how much my children weigh...

Bug: 28 lbs.
Squirmy: 12 lbs.

I recently read one of my friends blogs and she said that her daughters weight at her four month appointment was 12 lbs. Squirmy isn't even 2 months yet! Either her daughter is really light, Squirmy is really heavy, or the doctor's (or the balance board) scale is really messed up. Or maybe just the first two are correct. I thought it was quite strange... I will weigh him on the Wii Fit on the day of his two month appointment to see just how accurate it is.... we'll have to see won't we...

Three cheers for the Wii Fit!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We love our Wii Fit as well. Especially Lee. He calls it his "Lee Fit." Some mornings we do Wii fit as a family, or I'll do the step aerobics with some weights. We're now saving to get a Wii active to use with ours...maybe...someday...