Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shay's check-up

After a hour and a half nap and another appointment, I'm feeling more awake, though I still feel pretty tired.

So.

This is what my doctor said. I took the survey thing to find out how I'm feeling in general. I was a 12. I guess the "warning zone" is 9-13. Ha. He also had me answer his own personal questions that I think he bases the decision on more. I was on the verge with that one too. So here is the compromise we have made. I need to be exercising everyday. I need to get my eating habits on a more regular schedule. And we will discuss how things are going when I go in for my appointment to put the IUD in. If before then I get too overwhelmed then I should call in and have him send a prescription to my pharmacy.

So that's that.

And here is Squirmy's numbers from his appointment.

Weight: 13 lbs. 5 oz.
Height: 24"
Head Circumference: 41.4 cm.

Everything is pretty well normal. He got immunized and he didn't like it one bit. He is sleeping a lot more right now (which I read on the paper they gave me can be a side effect. Hey... I'm good with it... when can he be immunized again????)

So yeah. That's that. Wish me luck in the next few weeks. I really don't want to be prescribed medication. And I think that with that fierce thought, I can fight it. Or at least have a motivation to fight it.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

good luck! you'll be in our prayers! glad squirmy is doing well

Anonymous said...

I took my baby in for his 4 month appointment a few days ago, and he weighs 12 lbs 2 oz. Haha- my baby is so little. :) I'm glad your little one is doing well, and I hope you feeling better too.