Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A little worried...

After we got home from church today, I was feeling some achiness in my chest area. It was a little lower than my lungs so I didn't think it had to do with that. Well, besides the fact that it would come and go depending on my breathing.

I just woke up from a two hour nap (during such I didn't feel any achiness at all) and almost immediately after I sat up, the achiness returned. But it had moved. Now I am quite certain it is coming from my lungs.

For quite a while I have had a cough. I may or may not have mentioned on here what I call "my chronic cough". I really do. When I met Rocket Scientist's parents on Thanksgiving of the year 2004, I guess I was coughing. Because my now mother-in-law said sometime during the wedding activities (June 2005) that I have been coughing since I met her. I never knew that. I just... coughed. I didn't realize how long it has been going on.

On to my current cough. Yes, it is worse. It is usually filled with congestion. Every. Little. Cough. I think this has been going on for..... a month... maybe longer. I can't really remember. I don't keep track of these things. Which is why I didn't realize I had a chronic cough in the first place. When I first got the more congested cough I think I had a cold or something. And so I passed it off as part of the cold, and would soon go away. Well, as you know, it didn't go away. Maybe it got worse... maybe it is the same as it was when I got it. Who knows? Maybe it even got better since I first got it.

One more little side note/introduction before I get into the meat of this post. Since I don't really know how many people who read this know. If you find yourself asking yourself, "Why do you even have a chronic cough? Isn't that enough to be worried about?" well... not really would be my answer. I have had pneumonia about five times (I think I lost count somewhere along the way) for five consecutive winters. The sixth winter after all these bouts of pneumonia I had bronchitis and haven't had a single stitch of either of them since. To which I contribute a herbal remedy my mom found called "Clear lung". Some Chinese thing...

This all happened when I was in my junior high/high school years. If anyone knows anything about lung diseases is that when you get one, your lungs never fully heal. They get weaker and weaker every single time you get a disease. My lungs..... are pretty bad off on their own. If I continue to play my trumpet... I'm still ok. Because it strengthens them. Though I am in the process of testing this... if I do aerobic exercise, it should help strengthen my lungs as well. Or so my OB said on one of the appointments I asked him about it this last pregnancy.

So... the title of this post is "'A little worried..." and so I am. With this added achiness in my lungs... I believe I have reason to worry. It could just be the fact that they aren't strengthened enough. It could be that I have a cold or something. I'm not sure what it is. Last summer (click here if you wish to see the actual post right after it happened...) I felt sure I had pneumonia. It felt exactly the same. Sharp pain in my lungs, couldn't breathe... the whole deal. We went to the instacare, and they x-rayed me, declared my lungs clear of anything. Gave me medication for pain killers and sent me on my merry little way (once I was stabilized) not telling me what had caused the pain. They seemed stumped. What were those eight years at college for huh??? One thing they did say, is that if happened again to go to the ER, for it may be a blood clot in the lung and they can't test for it at the instacare. They don't have the equipment.

So my theories are thus: It could be that my lungs just need a little trumpet playing pick me up. Or it could maybe even possibly be pneumonia or bronchitis. Or scarier still... it could be a blood clot. Very worry worthy.

Another worry in my life right now... I'm planning on calling the pediatrics tomorrow... Last night sometime little Squirmy was gasping or chocking on something. Remember me mentioning that he would do this while eating? Well... he did it while still laying in his cradle last night. I don't really know what to say on this point. Seriously. I'm sitting here with my fingers over the keys wondering what to write. (and for any family members out there thinking snide comments... OBVIOUSLY I'm not hovering over the keys wondering what to write while I'm typing.)

Something though that MIGHT have an effect on Squirmy's condition. After Squirmy did that last night, I also heard Rocket Scientist do something odd. I don't know how his breathing was before this, but he took a big almost gasping breath and continued onward. I have heard of something like... Sleep apnea... but I have no idea what it is. But as far as I understand it... your body is so into the sleep that you stop breathing for a while... then take a big breath like Rocket Scientist did last night... then you are back on a regular breathing schedule.

This is all speculation... But like I said... I will be calling the pediatrician tomorrow about Squirmy.

On a happier note... I got a nap today! Which is normal for a Sunday afternoon, but welcome just the same. Another happy/exciting part of my life right now... I resigned with Mary Kay! I'm also anxious and nervous. I worry about not doing. I didn't do last time I tried this. But I sincerely believe that in doing this business I can help other women. And no... I don't mean to help other women spend money. Many out there don't need any help. But I can see the positive changes that have happened in my life from Mary Kay. From the wonderful women I will be working with. I wish to help other women see how wonderful and beautiful they are. I'm not a huge make-up fan. But to see the good points in one woman's face and let her know that. Even just that simple gesture is what I strive to do. We claim not to paint one's face to their ideal face, but rather to, through make-up, accentuate the positive.

I'm excited to start back up. Really I am. I think this time... the excitement is overpowering the nervous and anxious feelings. I have a goal in mind. A reachable goal. And one that I am very excited for. I don't ever remember going to a hot-springs see? And my goal is to go to one and spend the night (without children of course) with my hubby sometime in December. I really wanted to go to one one day while pregnant with Squirmy... but then Rocket Scientist shot that happy balloon down with the fact that pregnant people shouldn't be in a hot tub. Which is certainly correct and I couldn't fight back with anything.

So that is that. Good news is happening though my mind is very troubled for all of our health. And THAT is healthy for my mental state of mind.

No comments: