Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Good newses... among other things.

For those who are wondering... I will keep the good newses going on here. I honestly don't know what I would write about besides that. And it might be too hard to keep up with multiple blogs. So... they stay.

I will not however continue to call them "GNM #". It is boring to even me. I will keep my posts positive (or at least as positive as I can on harder days) and try to mention a good news every day like I have before. That said... on to the post!

Today was the first day we were able to have a non-baby date. We even had someone come to watch the kids. I owe them cookies. Or butter-flake rolls.... what would you prefer? We went to watch Harry Potter. I loved it. After the horrible make of the third movie, I was quite impressed with this one. It was as good as the first two. Oh.... that MIGHT have something to do with it being the same director.... hmm..... I wish he would have done all of them. The third book is my favorite. I was really disappointed in the movie.

Another good thing with this... there were no complaints from the babysitters when we got home. I'm not quite sure if that is because they are so nice and kind they wouldn't have said anything went wrong or if nothing really went wrong. In any case, they said that Bug slept most of the time (due to no nap day today...) and that Squirmy slept most of the time as well. I was worried Squirmy would have one of his scream fests while we were gone.

Another good thing with this... I'm full of them today, huh? Squirmy gave me some really big smiles when I got home. It felt nice that he recognizes me (or at least my voice) and love me enough to give me big smiles when I get back from an extended period of time.

Some more thoughts as far as good news goes... we went to the store after the movie because were out of dishwasher detergent (and we all know not to put Joy in the dishwasher). While there I was kind of pining after the fact that we shouldn't (because the babysitters were waiting for us to come home) and couldn't (because of the tightness of finances) go out to eat after the movie. I was hoping we could get some sort of snack that we wouldn't normally get. I hadn't had Oreos in a while, and started craving them. We walked past them. I'm inclined to think Rocket Scientist would have given in to me had I put them in the cart. But as I stared at them, I saw fat. And I imagined my little Wii Fit graph going up. I sadly sighed and walked on. Then excitedly decided to get cherries instead. But then I remembered that the particular store we were at wasn't noted for it's produce. Would I rather have good cherries than no cherries at all? I guess so. We left the store without a single impulse buy.

Good news? Sort of. I was really looking forward to some sort of snack. And I'm really sad I can't get Oreos without imagining my thighs getting fatter. I don't think that is because of this blog, though that is why I started it and named it thus. I think it is more my frame of mind of losing weight. But in any case, I seem to be in a healthier frame of mind. I just wish I knew of snacks that I really loved that were still healthy for me. Like cherries. But from a better produce store...

Now I guess I will sign off as my cute little three year old terror is screaming and giving Rocket Scientist an unneeded headache. Oh, and kicking the walls... yeah... he likes to do that when he is mad...

No comments: