Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Favorite things: Shelf Flavored Milk

Yes, shelf milk. On principle I don't like warm milk. But the milk we get from the local cheese place is indeed shelf. You can get regular, or flavored. I bet if we ever got regular, I wouldn't drink it warm, but instead keep it in the fridge. For some reason however, when I drink the flavored milk, I am quite content to drink it warm. My favorite flavors are Root Beer, Orange, and Strawberry. I hear that once they had Peach, and if they still had it, I bet that it would join the other three with my favorites. They also have Banana, Cookies-n-cream, Mango.... and others I believe. Maybe not.

I woke up this morning to at least five birds. And they sang to me and fluttered down to my open window. No, I did not play a "Cinderella" and start playing and singing with them. The idea of being woken by birds chirping beautiful sounds didn't really exist for me. Instead they cawed. I'm not sure what birds they were, but it was quite annoying to be woken up like that when all I wanted to do was stay in bed. Of course Goof Ball wanted to wake up at 6:11 as well. I closed my window and turned over, wishing Goof Ball to go back to sleep. I'm not sure if he did or not, but at least he didn't cry anymore. That is for at least a half hour. Begrudgingly I got out of bed after Bug came up to inform me that the sun came up.

After we ate breakfast, I was in the office trying to muster up the courage to deal with life that early in the morning (at least for me) when all of the sudden Bug starts wailing all because Goof Ball "touched the blocks." Bug really is a good kid and shares frequently with his brother. Often, however, he gets in these grooves where only his way is the right way, and if others try to rain on his parade, a full fledged two year old tantrum ensues.

I won't inform you of all the other things the kids did to annoy me, but by 7:30 I was ready to go back to bed. Pro Boxer surprised me with cinnamon sugar bagels (that I ate with delight. after all, I only had one bowl of cold cereal) and we ate them while watching one episode of an anime that we had come across. After that I was in a much better mood, though I still wanted to hide in the internet somewhat.

What does all this have to do with shelf stable flavored milk??

Well, not only do I love it, but my kids love it. We almost go through the same amount of this flavored milk as we do regular milk (which is certainly saying something). I suppose one of my favorite moments is when we all have one of these 8 oz. containers in hand, slurping milk together with happiness and love.

And every mom will tell you that moments like that are what keep a mom running.

No comments: