Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

There are times...

... when I just want to disappear into the internet.
... when I don't want to make dinner.
... when I refuse to do dishes.
... when laundry piles up because I am lazy.
... when life seems to get more and more challenging.
... when flowers I received on my birthday don't cheer me up.
... when I feel like I can't do anything.
... when writing is difficult.
... when I feel that my sketches are worthless.
... when I wish to throw my kids out the window.

There are also times...

... when Bug gives me a hug when I am down.
... when Goof Ball smiles and babbles so cutely.
... when Pro Boxer gives me a kiss and a little squeeze.
... when writing comes easy(er).
... when I smile because of Bug's simple logic.
... when dinner is prepared and delicious.
... when I turn up the music and dance while washing dishes.
... when the plants in my care actually survive (*gasp!*).
... when I have the patience and stamina to read the same book to my kids over, and over, and over, and over, and over...
... when Goof Ball cuddles me, and I make time for them.

Sometimes life gets hard. But life will never make way for you, so you just have to make way for life. The past few days were hard. Friday... well I'll not even go into all that happened that day. Best part of it was giving a sketch to my niece and seeing a friend I hadn't seen in forever at her wedding reception. Saturday was one scream after the other, and I never had a chance to recuperate. Thank goodness for good friends who helped me escape such chaoticness and for a hubby who allowed me to leave minutes after I woke him up from his nap. Pro Boxer had to work all weekend. Yes... even a portion today. I was worried that by today the kids and I would be so sick of each other that the day would be filled with even more anger and stress than the last two days combined.

Thankfully I was wrong. I think I am starting to really learn the difference between childish and childlike. Go on a walk with a child someday, and you will understand too.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

The difference between childish and childlike... what a great reminder that I needed! I hope this coming week is a great one for you.