This post has been long overdue. Mainly because it happened a long time ago I kept forgetting, mainly because I am a mom with lots of other things on her plate.
A few weeks ago, on a Sunday, in fact... it was the first Sunday this month. I know that, because Pro Boxer was heating up some water after church so I could have some Postum. We have very little of that left, as Kraft is no longer producing it... (curse you Kraft!) but that is a post for a later date.
We have a flat top stove. You know... the kind that is just... well, flat. And you can see the little circles to put the pan on, and it just kinda heats up. Whatever, you know what I mean, I'm sure. In any case, he put a pan with water in it on the stove and turned on the burner. I was busy getting things ready to visit family. Then suddenly I heard a bang and a shout from Pro Boxer. I ignored it assuming he had things under control.
He did... to a point. We are essentially lazy people, and keep dozens of things on the stovetop. It acts as a catchall/second counter for us to put things. The rice cooker still was there from when we last used it. We don't have a whole lot of plug-in places, and the stove is pretty much the best place to put the rice cooker when we use it. In any case, Pro Boxer turned on the wrong burner. He turned on the back instead of the front... and well... he cooked the rice cooker.
"Well, I cooked the [rice cooker] that's all..."
Yeah, we need a new one. We haven't even attempted to see if it still works. I took this after it had been thrown in the garbage. After I realized that it would make for a fun post.
I have smelt burnt/melted plastic before. But the smoke... oh boy, I couldn't even breathe. One inhale and I instantly started coughing. We had to open all the windows, turn on the fan in the front room, open the door... I escaped outside because I seriously couldn't stand the smoke. I can only assume that my severe reaction is because my lungs are already so delicate that inhaling something like that my lungs automatically rejected it. I have such reactions when I even smell cigarette smoke as well.