Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Follow Down

Today is my second day exercising on the wii fit in the morning. My lame excuse that I used for a long time consisted of "Well, Goof Ball would want to climb on the board with me and mess everything up, and I would just get angry and frustrated..." Anyone who knows my kids know that they are exceptionally good. Yes, I know I complain about them a lot, but really... they are some of the calmest kids I know. And I'm truly not saying that... many people have told ME that, so it isn't just a greatest-mommy-on-earth complex.

About two weeks ago was the last time I got on the wii fit (before yesterday of course). And yes at that time, I DID try it with Goof Ball awake and watching. Most times he just watched. Bug likes to do the things with me, so he isn't a problem. He just grabs a throw pillow to use as his board and he is content. ^_^ Anyway, for the most part Goof Ball didn't bother me. When I did the yoga moves that required me to stand on one leg, Bug tried it and would sometimes grab me to help stable himself... I didn't allow that for long. One of my favorite "games" on the Wii Fit is the meditating one. Where you sit on the board and stay still so the candle on the screen doesn't wobble. I ignore that anyway, instead I close my eyes and truly meditate. I love to finish off my workout with that, but of course, THAT was the time that Goof Ball wanted to come sit on my lap. Afterall, I WAS sitting down. Of course I got upset, and gave up.

Then yesterday was the first time I got back on. Today I am sore. Not only did I do Wii Fit stuff, but I also did this tummy flattening thing that my mom gave me. They are just stretches that aren't really meant to even make one sweat. But they are designed to strengthen tummy muscles and such. Which I am in desperate need of.

Whatever the case, I told you I would follow through and let you know how it has been. I think it helps. I had minimal, if any, back pain yesterday. And last Saturday even though I didn't get on the Wii, I did mow the front lawn. But just that amount of exercise caused my back to hurt so I stopped. But it didn't hurt after I stopped much. I guess it was just the right amount... despite the pain that it caused, it didn't last long.

Though I am sore and just want to lay down or read or other relaxing things, I feel that doing this will keep me in shape for marching band next semester, and maybe then... just maybe... I won't embarrass myself in front of all those trumpets I am called to lead... Heh. Maybe I should work on my trumpet today too... heh...

1 comment:

Me said...

HOORAY!!! Go Shay!! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one just starting out (again).

Knowing you are working on it, helps me to work on it. Good for you - and keep it up!