Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mommy's a person?? No, you must be joking me! She's a bed!

In church when I was younger, I enjoyed laying down on my mom's lap and sleeping. She had a very comfy lap, though she may somewhat despise the reason for said comfyness. Heck, I despise why my lap is so comfy, she must have at some point. Oh wonderful baby fat...

*ahem...*

I breed mamma's boys. As far as Little Angel is concerned, I'm not sure if he was... he was for the two months that he lived, for obvious reasons... I was his source of food. As for Bug and Goof Ball, they are very much mamma's boys, so I would assume that Little Angel would have been too. In any case... the fact that they are both mamma's boys makes for difficult situations. Sometimes I am a possession that they fight over like a favorite toy. More than a favorite toy. Sometimes I am the cureall bandaid that just makes everything better. I can even heal things that are invisible like banged up feelers (feelings). Sometimes I become the most comfortable bed and pillow known to the world... but even more magical than that is the fact that the bed can walk. *gasp!

Some days I think I enjoy that they love me so much that they want me in every aspect of their lives. Some days... not so much. It is especially difficult when they both want me at the same time. Despite all I can do, sometimes there is just not enough of me to go around. Who knew that more of me, me was wanted in this world.

Goof Ball has pretty much graduated to the one nap a day routine. I put him to bed right after lunch. But then there are the mornings when he just can't get enough of me and insists on sitting on my lap while I write or whatever. On those mornings he just gets so darn comfortable on my comfy remains of his baby fat (along with Little Angel's and Bugs... ahem...) that he ends up falling asleep and I turn from a writing mommy into a bed and pillow. On such days I still give him a nap in the afternoon, just a little later than right after lunch.

*sigh...

This morning was difficult. Both the kids were screaming and demanded my every attention. I knew I should have gotten out of bed when they were both still asleep. I didn't have one minute to myself to recuperate. When Pro Boxer tried to get one kid to calm down... well that just diminished the competition for Mommy's attention and I was still overwhelmed by (mainly) Goof Ball as he insisted that I become his transportation. For if I hold and hug and cuddle him while sitting down he gets upset.

And yes, I now have a sleeping baby on me. It is amazing how much more heavy he can get when he is asleep... Don't get me wrong... I love having him sleep on me. But... as demanding a person I am I would rather have it on my schedule, not his. He is also excessively warm when he sleeps on me. This usually happens only in the morning when I am at my computer. When there is a window right to the east of me and the sun shines in and... by the time he wakes up I will be a pool of sweat.

Whatever... he is cute anyway.

1 comment:

Janene said...

I love when I get to hold a sleeping baby, something I need to make time for more often...