Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Of candy corns and ranch Pringles

I have a lung problem. I'm not sure a better way to say it. Sometimes I wonder if the pain is enough for me to take the time and spend the money to get a doctor to x-ray me just to see if I have pneumonia which I probably don't.

After the third or fourth day I started to recognize the process.

I wake up feeling great. Spend sometime on the computer, checking e-mail, bacefooking, writing sometimes.... that sort of thing. Usually my mornings are spent with the kids downstairs and me preparing myself for the day. Which usually consists of me sitting on my bum at the computer.

By mid day and I find I need to get off the computer and make food for lunch, that's when the pain starts hurting. The pain, sad as it is, is normal for me. When I bend over, pain in my rib area (around the lung). Deep breaths also bring on the pain. By all accounts this very much feels like pneumonia, but somehow I can't bring myself to get checked out. I tried that once before when the pain was so bad I couldn't breathe, and they x-rayed me and all that... but they claimed that they could see nothing wrong with me. They gave me a shot for the pain (which subsequently caused them to give me a second shot for nausea), filled out a prescription for pain medication and sent me on my way. (I have posted about this before a few days after it happened.... in the summer of.... 2007? 2008? maybe 2009? look it up if you feel daring.)

A few days ago, my sis in law and I went for a walk. At the time I didn't really want to, my lung was aching, I was in the middle of reading a new manga that I had found... I just didn't really want to spend the time walking. The walk was short lived. 15-18 mins. Not for the reason you expect. No, we didn't have to stop because of my lung pains. In fact, within 5-8 mins of the walk the pain was practically gone if not completely. We headed back because it was starting to drizzle.

Now, I still don't really quite understand my lung pain. Though I know it started to get really serious and cause problems from even normal day activities after I stopped playing my trumpet. I had hoped that the last year of school and playing my trumpet as much as I had done before would get my lungs to stop hurting completely as they were before despite all the times I had pneumonia in my youth. I see I was optimistic. Whatever the case, I am led to believe that playing my trumpet was good for me. Not just emotionally... but physically. It kept my lungs strong throughout the whole time while I even had the pneumonia, but also afterward. I had never thought of myself as one with "weak lungs" though I had been told repeatedly that once you get a lung infection, they never fully heal. But everything changed when I stopped playing the trumpet. I milled this over with my ob (when I was pregnant... probably with Goof Ball), and he said that aerobic exercise would probably be just as good as the trumpet.

Which brings me to the point of my post. (ignore the title, it means nothing) I wonder... if maybe I start my day a little differently and spend the morning using the Wii Fit or something like that... then maybe my lung wouldn't begin hurting in the middle of the day. I suppose it is either that or vegging in my bed all day (as it is proven that laying down for a certain amount of time relaxes my lungs... hence waking up with them in shape). I'll have to put this to the test and let you know. I have before spent my mornings without even turning the computer on until after noon. And I am not sure if I could honestly say that those were always better days, but waking up and taking care of myself physically and spiritually... might be a better way to get ready for the day than just spending time on the computer.

1 comment:

Me said...

I absolutely agree!! As much as I enjoyed our walk (and am totally willing to go again), I find that when I get my toosh out of bed and exercise in the morning, as well as study my scriptures, it sets a better tone for the rest of the day...

AND I feel great, and am not dreading exercising later! ;)